cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited broadband usage

Surfer
Grafter

Unlimited broadband usage

Currently I am on the PlusNet Value package at £6.49.  I received an email advising me that for £3.50 I can upgrade to unlimited usage.  However if I try and change my package the minimum is then £16.99 if I agree to a new 12 month contract or £19.99 no contract.  The sums do not add up?  We have been with Plus Net for many years and would like to take advantage of the offer, but obviously I do not want to pay an inflated rate.  Surely this could be regarded as false advertising?
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Unlimited broadband usage

Something is a bit adrift
Can you see what Market your exchange is from http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
Surfer
Grafter

Now Market 1 exchange.  Previously we were had a Market 2 exchange prior to moving.  However the ad states for £3.50 unlimited broadband.  IMHO this means £3.50 on top of my current payment.  Not keen to enter into another 12 month contract as my current one is about to expire.
gswindale
Grafter

Sound like they've sent out a marketing email based on your current package which despite the house move is still at Market 2 rates.
Have to say that I still don't fully understand why PN penalise Market 1/2 customers when no other ISP does (as far as I am aware!).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Market 1 only on the latest packages
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: geofftswin
Have to say that I still don't fully understand why PN penalise Market 1/2 customers when no other ISP does (as far as I am aware!).

We don't. We're able to charge lower prices for customers in market 3 areas, so we do. We don't know why other ISPs aren't doing though.
Surfer
Grafter

No ways do I want a £10 jump in my subscription when it is supposed to be a £3.50 increase on top of my current subscription.
jim:quote
gswindale
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Quote from: geofftswin

We don't. We're able to charge lower prices for customers in market 3 areas, so we do. We don't know why other ISPs aren't doing though.

Hi Matt,
I understand what you are saying; however from a customer's point of view if I'm looking for a package & see for instance BT at £9.99/month unlimited & PN at £16.99/month unlimited on starting the signup process & then seeing that this is because I'm in Market 1, then as far as I'm concerned you're penalising me for where I live.
I suspect that other ISPs are cross-subsidising the different market rates in order to provide a simplified pricing structure which means that if I move 5 miles down the road I don't suddenly get lumbered with a substantially more expensive product.
Surfer
Grafter

Quote from: Surfer
No ways do I want a £10 jump in my subscription when it is supposed to be a £3.50 increase on top of my current subscription.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rules ]

Please tell me which rule was used to modify my post and why?
joncooper
Grafter

guessing it's the "Full quote of preceding post removed" bit