cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninterested so called Technical experts.

thisISPsucks

Uninterested so called Technical experts.

I would like to complain to this Forum about the so called technical experts fed to us by Plusnet. I complained recently about online gaming pings to these so called technical experts and they barely new what I was on about. My ping to Google.co.uk is double what it should be for a fibre user. It is even double that of people on the same exchange. My equipment is far superior to that provided by PlusNet and I can prove the problem is not my equipment. I like to game around the world and this ping delay is making this impossible. This problem seems to come and go so there must be a reason for it. I am basically getting ADSL pings for the price of fibre, what other business could get away with this?
1 REPLY 1
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Uninterested so called Technical experts.

Can you tell us what you typically get for a ping to bbc.co.uk (that tends to give a reliable 'baseline')?
What kind of figure are you expecting for FTTC?
Does your equipment give access to DSL line stats?  If so can you post as much as possible - particularly interested in whather you have 'delay' listed for upstream and downstream.
Non-interleaved FTTC should give 5-10ms depending on location (could be higher if you're a very long way from London), interleaving typically adds 7-8ms for each direction in which it's applied so a perfectly good but interleaved FTTC connection could have a base ping of around 25ms.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.