cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninformative e-mail messages

upperairspace

Uninformative e-mail messages

You know who's going to make a killing amongst Internet-based companies?  The first one to send actual messages to its customers.  It'll steal its whole sector.

I don't want to go through the convolute process of logging in to a supplier's frigging server;  if you have a bill or a message for me, in the name of Hades just send it!  (If it cannot be sent in simple ASCII text -- which I'd prefer -- a PDF file would do;  the process is automated and we all have to have the means of reading one.)

ΠΞ

7 REPLIES 7
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Uninformative e-mail messages

Hi @upperairspace

I am sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the way we send messages to you.

The reason that messages from ourselves and the majority of other suppliers are passed to customers through a secure method is due to the content of the message being account specific. The Data Protection Act requires us to ensure that our customers account information is secure.

If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch.

upperairspace

Thank you for your reply, Warwick.  Your weasel-worded reply is typical, I'm afraid, of to-day's corporate management:  don't blame us;  blame the legislators.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I've received another notice of a current bill and cannot even find it.  For God's sake SEND ME MY BILL DIRECT as a PDF file.

Your company is NOT to be recommended;  your service simply attrocious!

upperairspace

atrocious

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear that. As per my colleague's response Here regarding this.

• Emailed statements or availability of pdf downloads

No, we floated the idea but it was rejected by our security team. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
upperairspace

Well, Gandalf, your 'Security Team' --  -- is as feeble minded, in hiding behind 'data-protection' legislation, as the teachers that won't let children play outdoors for fear of 'elf-n-safety' legislation.

I don't mind logging in but, in the name of Hades, give me a direct link to the bill.  I'm not interested in all the other guff and don't care how elaborate or ugly a web-page your [staff] are capable of creating.  You're supposed to be running a business and your pages ought to provide your customers with useful data at the least possible cost and effort on their part!

[Copy to C.E.O., B.T. Group]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Edited for insult(s) aimed at PlusNet staff as per Forum rules.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @upperairspace

Thank you for coming back to us.

At this stage, there isn't a great deal else to add to this thread - My colleagues have advised why our billing emails are formatted in their current state and we have no plans to amend this at this time.

Thank you for your further comments. I will ensure that they are passed on appropriately.

Kind regards,

Dave

upperairspace

Thank you for passing on the comments, Dave.

I gather Mike doesn't like it when people disagree with him;  he ought to apply for membership of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change:  he'd fit right in!  On the other paw, I congratulate him for use -- in his message to me (obiter) -- of the correct plural form of the word 'forum'.

By the way:  this medium seems quite user-friendly;  why not make the company's web-site itself so?