cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy with service

johncena1922
Dabbler

Unhappy with service

I am contacting you today , to inform you that is wish to complain about the service and attitude of your staff , I have had problems with my Phoneline and internet speed for several months . Which was confirmed by one of your staff but the way it was dealt with was a huge disappointment . I tried reporting on 24/8/2015 . was put on hold for 30 minutes and was hung up on , I then received a ticket to say a question was raised on my account . I then noticed my speed decreased and reported it via Chat and whilst it was in process my internet stopped completely . I then telephoned and was on hold for 85 minutes and explained my problem the man I spoke to was saying he could see there was a problem with my internet and phone line and that it was an ongoing problem for several months. He said that he would do two things, one bring it to the attention of the controller regarding being hung up on , secondly he would request I got a months free service and that he would keep me informed by text to keep me updated. My fault was to be fixed by 4th September 2015 . as nothing was fixed on this date I contacted yourselves and was told that my fault was now on hold until the 10/9/2015  as engineers were dealing with a major fault . I contacted your twitter team and explained how unhappy I was and was considering switching to another provider and was shock when I received suggestions of 3 providers . I then had an engineer arrive on Tuesday who fixed my line and told me my internet speed was 288k and to contact you to have my internet reset . The engineer informed me that there was no major fault on 4th being dealt with and that my cables were crumbling and as a result he had to replace them and connect me to a different cable in my block. I then contacted you via Chat and my broadband was reset and that I would receive £9.99 for free internet , I then received another email saying you were giving me £10.36 compensation . I was not happy with this and was going to reply but noticed my internet had stopped. I rebooted my modem and received my bill and to say I was shocked is an understatement my bill is just over £42.00 I would like to say that I think this is unacceptable and that this bill should be quashed as you have not provided me with the appropriate service and considering I have had to use other means to access internet which you have as my supplier failed to deliver to me , I feel this matter needs to be dealt with as soon as possible , before I consider taking my complaint further I would like to give you the opportunity to sort it. I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible .
Yours Sincerely
John Cena 
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) removed poll as it wasn't needed.]
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Unhappy with service

Hello there,
Thanks for brining these issues to our attention and allow me to apologise for the issues with customer service, waits on the phone and the protracted fault.
With regards to your billing, this is entirely automated so bills do clear at the normal amount following a fault unless we've put some discounts in place. I see that the £9.99 was added after this month's bill began to clear so that will be applied to October's invoice.
With regards to the £10.38 that was refunded 3 days ago as per what's confirmed in our reply to ticket 110346161, please bear in mind these payments take up to 10 working days to clear so it's on it's way.
You will receive a formal response to ticket 110880445 soon too, in that response we will be looking into the issues with the calls you mentioned.
I've just performed some line diagnostics and that shows no issues but please reply to this post if you begin to have issues with that again.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
johncena1922
Dabbler

I would like to know who is dealing with my complaint please , I would also like to know when I should await a response to my complaint ?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I believe you should have a response on or before Monday next week, however I wouldn't know specifically who would be responding to it at this stage.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
johncena1922
Dabbler

Just to update you I have now decided to switch my provider as it is clear from emails and texts received  today all you are interested in is me paying my bill for a service that has not been fully provided to me
dick:red All caps edited as per forum rule.
johncena1922
Dabbler

I received this today in response to my complaint
[mremoved] - CSC Analyst
12:59pm, Tuesday 22 Sep 2015
Dear Mr Cena,
I have looked through the history of your account and the fault that you have raised with us.
When the fault was raised we received an estimated response time from our suppliers as to when the issue was expected to be fixed, he advised that it would be 03/09/15 21:00:00. which is why you were advised to wait until the 4th September to allow services to be restored, however when we checked again on the 5th, we were told that the area was affected by a major service outage and the resolution time had been pushed back due to this, i cannot tell you why the engineer advised you otherwise but i am sorry for the mixed response from both parties in regards to this.
The speed of your services had been affected by the loss of your services, and as such a line reset had to be placed to reset this, which was done the same day we found your services to be working again.
as for the 10.36 refund that was credited to your account, this was done because all services are paid for in advance, and any extra charges are paid in arrears. As such, you had already paid for the time that you were without service, so we made a refund to your account, instead of a reduction on your current bill. the payment of 42.01 is for the period 03-09-2015 to 02-10-2015, which is after the fault occurred. You have however been offered 1 month free service, but because of the time-scale of the fault, this cannot be applied until your next bill is generated on the 2015-10-03.
Hopefully this will clear things up for you.

Kind regards,
[mremoved]
Angry
dick:csa
johncena1922
Dabbler

Dear Mr John Cena
Despite our previous reminder, our records show that an outstanding payment remains on your account with us. If your payment has been made in the last 7 days we would like to apologise and ask you to disregard this letter.
If you do not believe this payment is due or if you are having connection problems, please contact our Customer Support Team (who are available between 7.30am and 10pm) on 0800 432 0200.
Unfortunately, due to the outstanding balance, your account has now been de-activated, however this does not release you from your contractual obligations. To settle these charges by Credit or Debit card, please call 0845 1400 104 (available from Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm, and Saturday 8am and 4.30pm)
It is essential that you contact us urgently regarding this matter. If we do not hear from you in the next 14 days, your account will be permanently cancelled, and the outstanding payment will be passed to an external debt recovery company. This will incur an additional charge. If you have an annual contract, you will also be liable for the remainder of your subscription fees.
This could also have an adverse effect on your Credit Rating, for which Plusnet will not be held responsible.
Yours sincerely,
Plusnet Credit Control Department
So now your using scare tactics with me to get what you think I owe you for a poor service and all I can say is Thanks