cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy new customer

harrishome1

Unhappy new customer

I registered for fibre broadband in the middle of July.  After numerous phone calls, engineer visits etc, a month later we were told that it was not technically possible to provide it.  Our property is rural and down a lane with only 4 houses.  Plusnet are unwilling to pay Openreach to replace the existing faulty line down our road despite entering into a contract with me to provide fibre broadband.  I then asked them to provide adsl broadband which unsurprisingly doesn't work either.  After a lengthy wait for activation and now a lengthy wait for it to be fixed we are no further forward.  Shame on you Plusnet.
15 REPLIES 15
harps1h
Grafter

Re: Unhappy new customer

If there is a problem and Plusnet have decided against the cost of repair to connect you, why not try BT themselves? After all it is their line that is faulty! I am not sure how their fibre package work here, but if it is like their adsl it is a rolling months contract. If that is the case what is to stop you from walking away after a couple of months when all problems disappear. They don't make a promise to take problems and repair them, if you look they can offer a service, but the basics have to be there to provide it first of all. When I joined them I was in despair after 16 months of poor speeds and 2 ISP's who couldn't get a solution. They had it sorted out in less than 4 weeks. So all I can say is that they will help where they can, but there maybe certain things outside of their remit! Why would they pay to fix your faulty BT line? It's BT's line not theirs!!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

BT is not a rolling month, it is 12month
pierre_pierre
Grafter

you could try here http://www.homephonefinder.co.uk/providers/bt?li=1
as another new PN customer claims he has just been charged £500 for a new line from the adjacent pole to his house
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: harrishome1
Plusnet are unwilling to pay Openreach to replace the existing faulty line down our road

Surely if you have a known faulty cable, to all 4 properties, you should all be contacting BT to get it repaired.
According to your contract, for the cable run, it may be necessary for your 4 properties to pay for replacing the cable run. Small print etc.
It is not Plusnets responsibility to repair your, known when joining, existing faulty line.
Derek
Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: harps1h
why not try BT themselves? After all it is their line that is faulty!  Why would they pay to fix your faulty BT line? It's BT's line not theirs!!

The cable, as it only provides the 4 properties, may not be the resonsibility of BT, depending on how it was originally installed.
It may be the responsibility of the 4 properties themselves. Depending on how long it has been fitted etc.
Derek
harps1h
Grafter

@stumpy21
the nett effect is still the same. Why would Plusnet take on a line that was faulty and pay for its' repair when the client can walk away next month? There are ISP's out there who will take on these problems but they charge a fortune for their service over a 12 month contract, eg, Andrews and Arnold. The line fault is external and therefore if BT is the service providor for his phone, is it not reasonable to assume they are responsible for its' repair?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry you feel this way. Some installations such as this can be problematic and time consuming. However we are willing to persist and get ADSL fixed for you as soon as we're able to.
Just to clarify it's not an installation issue with the broadband but a fault with the service. This issue was logged with our suppliers last week and our faults team will continue to chase this up for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
harrishome1

Still not even any ADSL broadband.  Had an email to say will find out more in ANOTHER 72hrs.  Pretty hopeless.  Sounds like I should have gone BT (although BT do own PlusNet). Angry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

harrishome1,
I'm sorry this is still an issue, the fibre order is partially complete which means that we're waiting for an order (initiated via us raising a fault to our suppliers) to complete and move you back to ADSL for now.
This as you're already aware is in delay. As you may see I do sometimes step in and deal with issues like this myself but I'm satisfied that a senior member of our faults team has taken this case on today and is escalating this up the chain of command with our suppliers.
Keep an eye on your ticket as we should be updating this on a daily basis for you from here.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
harrishome1

Still no progress.  I shall be moving to another supplier if I have no broadband by the end of the week.  Engineer was supposed to arrive today and failed to show up.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've updated the ticket for you and passed the fault back, hopefully there'll be an update requesting an engineer on there soon.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

harrishome1
I'd leave off "I shall be moving to another supplier" routine. If you do you will still have the same copper, and the same phone supplier, and probably the support team will most inferior to the PN guys  Wink
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
harrishome1

Cheers Peter but it seems that PN are still unable to resolve the issue so I may have no choice.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can see that an engineer is due to visit you today. I'll make sure we get in touch after the visit to see how things went.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team