cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained loss of connection.

Roberto0151
Grafter

Unexplained loss of connection.

At about 8.00 am today my internet connection went down and stayed down until about lunchtime. (ADSL was ok)  I went through the usual restart maneuvers to no avail and it restarted itself in due course.
In the meantime I tried to obtain some info. by phone but kept being informed that they were very busy and I would have to wait upward of 20 mins.before I could be connected. So I gave up and assumed that as there were so many calls there must be a widespread problem.
I still don't know what the problem was as I can find no reference to it here.
It strikes me that when  our local electricity distributer has a known fault they run a message on their service line outlining the problem and ending (roughly speaking) with "If this is not your problem hold on and we'll put you through to someone."
I wonder whether PN have or would consider having some such system which could reduce the load on the phone staff and help pacify customers?
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Unexplained loss of connection.

Hi there,
When we're made aware of outages affecting large areas we'll put out a service status message and usually will have a message on the phones as well. I believe there was an issue in Manchester on Wednesday however not yesterday? If you're noticing any drops in connection since the drop yesterday it'd be well worth raising it to us as a fault at http://faults.plus.net - that way our team will get onto it and investigate for you.
Hope that helps.
Roberto0151
Grafter

Re: Unexplained loss of connection.

Thanks Matt for your reply.
My drop in connection was definitely yesterday, but nothing further since then so I guess I can go back to sleep (and wait for my 1.5 million FEC errors per day to strike  Smiley )
Cheers, Bob.