cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncomfortable call

crose
Dabbler

Uncomfortable call

Just thought I'd leave a little feedback on my call to customer services today.
After receiving the recent price increase email I thought I'd look around for other broadband offers, and after having seen a reasonable BT deal with no throttling of speeds, I gave Plusnet a call this morning to get my mac code.
I've been with Plusnet for 4-5 years and I'm currently on the extra package (£11.49) with the pro add-on (£5) and with another £1.50 price increase to come, the BT deal looked appealing. The member of staff that I spoke to told me I could be getting the Unlimited deal for £12.49 and that I didn't need the Pro add-on because it was basically the same. This upset me a little as I hadn't been informed that I had been paying over the odds for a number of months, and also because I'm sure I spoke to a staff member about 8 months ago asking about this deal. When I mentioned this during today's call, the staff member then said there was no record of me calling and talking about  such a thing! This made me feel a little uncomfortable as I felt I was being accused of lying! It may seem slightly trivial, but surely the customer should be given the benefit of the doubt in such situations if you hope to keep them on board.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Uncomfortable call

Hi crose,
Sorry about that - it sounds like the first agent you talked to either didn't leave notes or didn't leave full notes. I'll check on that and feed back for you.
As regards the pro add-on though, the agent was correct in what they said - however, it's only on the Unlimited profile where it's not really recommended as while there is traffic management none of the protocols are slowed down. Extra isn't quite as generous as that - see details here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet-extra-archive.shtml#trafficManagement - so the pro add-on will make a difference on your current product where it wouldn't on Unlimited.
Hope that helps explain.
ruaim

So, based on this information from PlusNet -  the question of trust is:
Why do they take your money when you have Unlimited broadband and Pro add on like I did before I moved to another provider.
Surely it is a matter of principle that we should be informed we are paying for nothing.
PlusNet are no different from the next.  Honest Yorkshire . . .. . . . .  not.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Pro Add-on with Unlimited does still do something (mainly associated with P2P priority), However for most users the benefit is barely noticeable.
It's user choice whether they want it or not - and some users decide they do.
David
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@ruaim bit of Trolling there! you could have posted one of the many threads where the topic of not notifying price changes is discussed like this  Lips_are_sealed
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110092.msg956236.html#msg956236
This is an old and well discussed subject Roll_eyes on this forum
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
ruaim

@ PeterLoftus:
Great, thanks for letting me know.  
But I absolutely stand by my comment based on my experience.  Therefore it is not trolling, and furthermore I have not "trolled" on any other of my valid comments.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ruaim, FYI I've replied to the post about your issue here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,118011.0.html
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
crose
Dabbler

Quote from: Matt
Hi crose,
Sorry about that - it sounds like the first agent you talked to either didn't leave notes or didn't leave full notes. I'll check on that and feed back for you.
As regards the pro add-on though, the agent was correct in what they said - however, it's only on the Unlimited profile where it's not really recommended as while there is traffic management none of the protocols are slowed down. Extra isn't quite as generous as that - see details here: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/plusnet-extra-archive.shtml#trafficManagement - so the pro add-on will make a difference on your current product where it wouldn't on Unlimited.
Hope that helps explain.

Thanks for the reply
I understand how the products work, but I still feel like my trust in PlusNet has been eroded somewhat. I do realise that it was up to me to examine the small print of the products on offer, so maybe it was a little naive of me to expect to be automatically made aware of the best deal to be on. Sadly it's only now as I'm about to leave that this has been brought to my attention as a last minute attempt to keep me as a customer, even though I was certain that I had looked into it at an earlier date.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: crose
...  having seen a reasonable BT deal with no throttling of speeds, I gave Plusnet a call this morning to get my mac code.

A lot of people work from home, at least part-time.  I feel I should make you aware that the Terms and Conditions of BT Broadband preclude any business use without prior permission.  Plusnet's T&Cs have no such restriction. 
x47c
Grafter

Seems plusnet do have a no business clause in their residential contract
Thought they must have
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
Clause 14 - you may only use the service for your personal enjoyment.......
As with all isp's serving both residential and business customers you want to use it for business - you pay the business tarrif.
There will usually be more guarantees and priority repair times on business tarrifs.
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=x47c]Clause 14 - you may only use the service for your personal enjoyment.......
I thought the Government was trying to stop us visiting THOSE websites  Crazy
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

See this thread for Plusnet's view on business use of broadband http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,117461.msg1016236.html#msg1016236
Clause 14 actually says "You may only use the service for your own personal use and enjoyment."