cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable wait for broadband !

jat

Unacceptable wait for broadband !

Waited 2 weeks for telephone and broadband installation. Then when the installation engineer finally arrives he says he is only doing the phone connection!
After three phone calls to PlusNet customer services (each with an interminable wait in their queuing system) we are eventually told that due to an unexplainable "glitch" in their computer system, our broadband order was cancelled.
PlusNet's solution to their incredibly poor service - we have to wait another 10 !!! days to get broadband.
Unbelievably bad service and reponse from PlusNet !!!
5 REPLIES 5
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Unacceptable wait for broadband !

Hi jat,
Really sorry to see that this has happened, you are unfortunately a victim of a problem that has affected a very small amount of new signups. I have added your case to the issue to press for a fix. For my colleagues (particularly Harry) the problem ID is: 86675
In terms of your current installation (24th AM), I can have a go at bumping it forward if you're happy to PM me dates of availability? Let me know at your convenience.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for speaking with me today Smiley
Let me know how it goes tomorrow.
Matty
Rebe

Same here. Waited more than two weeks for a technnician to come, did the phone line. I was told that in 2 3 days the router should be in, I hope that is right, and in four days my broadband should be ready. Well I will have a delay of another 13 days for this to happen. Really?? So is not true what is it said to customers about the days.
Apparently there was some kind of problem with the order, not matching other order or I dont know, every time I contact somebody they give a different reason. I feel cheated and I would contact some customer protection service, feel so upset. 
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Rebe,
Under the bonnet, your issue is slightly different, though I appreciate you have been inconvenienced. Apologies for this.
@OP - Was everything sorted in the end?
Rebe

No it is not solved.
I have to wait  until the 29, of course when I realized tried to cancel , but no chance because the cooling off period has passed allready, do you know what services I enjoy during that period? NONE, it is great how you feel like you care to the company you are forced to pay for the next 18 months. I lost twi days of work, the first one for the phone line instalation and the next one when the broadband.
Under the bonnet, and above; terrible.