cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable service

MikeNewton

Unacceptable service

I have had a fault with my phone since 14th December and have had a call divert to my wife's mobile phone in operation. I was told the fault was at the exchange.  Yesterday Plusnet advised that an engineer would have to visit. As we are away for the next week an appointment was made for 30th December.
I telephoned today to cancel the call divert, using the number advised in a recent email from you. Apparently the number is for the Business Division (call answered INSTANTLY and free of charge!)  but nevertheless your assistant  arranged for the call divert to be cancelled. Half an hour later I received a call on my landline which has started to work again for both incoming and outgoing calls. I don't believe this is a coincidence and suggest that the fault could and should have been identified and resolved much sooner.
Please therefore cancel the engineer visit arranged for 30th December.
Please also arrange to credit me for one week line rental and calling package whilst the phone has not been available, £13.60 used on my payg mobile reporting the fault on 14th December when I was advised the wait time was 15 mins and it was actually 55, and a contribution towards the £18.20 I have been billed in call diversion charges.
I have been extremely disappointed in the time PlusNet and BTOR have taken to repair this fault, the unacceptably long queuing time to get through to Customer Service, the charges which I have incurred and the hours wasted on hold whilst having to phone from various neighbours.
3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: Unacceptable service

Unless something has changed I don't think Plusnet do "compensation", if they do it won't be made  "public" for all to see on this forum for fear of opening the flood gates.
I don't know if an ISP can claim for compensation for themselves or on behalf of a customer from BTw or BTOR for loss of services they too pay for?
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I am pretty sure that they do offer "compensation" of some sort though I agree that all we see on these forums is a post something like "I have responded on your ticket with what I hope you will consider a generous offer"
If they do not offer something in this case then they darn well should.
picbits
Rising Star

I think any compensation is dealt with on a case by case basis.
It's worth raising at ticket with your complaint as well as having this post on the forum Smiley