cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable Behaviour

Coryf1992

Unacceptable Behaviour

So, my internet currently isn't working, so excuse poor spelling or grammar.

So I was in the middle of configuring a servers security, hosted by a third party when my Internet died leaving my server and files in an unsecure state.

Why has my Internet died during this crucial moment? Shame I can't call the award winning service you love to brag about and ask some one. So I try the online chat on my phone... fill in all the details only to then be told they're not operating.
Then I discover the forum post abouthe maintenence not in my area but not exactly other side of the country.
So if my Internet isn't working because of scheduled maintenence then you should be ashamed to call your self's community driven and best customer service. No email warning, no tweets not a single person around to speak toof. Just some quick obscure post that's not even that descriptive. I expect an email or a call off plus net explaining this, restore my faith in you. If not I'm leaving next week, I know I'm just one customer, not the worse thing to happen to you if I leave but if you really think you're the best you'll make this right
2 REPLIES 2
Coryf1992

Re: Unacceptable Behaviour

The first part about Internet not working excuse spelling is because I'm on my phone.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Unacceptable Behaviour

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to read that you're having problems with your connection.

Looking at your connection logs, it seems that this went off around 10:20pm last night, this is very unlikely to be maintenance and is most likely caused by a fault somewhere along the line/exchange/cabinet etc. Unfortunately we simply cannot contact customers every time their connection drops, this just isn't feasible with a customer base the size of ours.

Testing your line is showing that it's in sync but isn't authenticating:
Test Outcome

Pass

Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 78.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps

There's no specific fault detected when testing the line so if you can run through the troubleshooting for us here:

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/bbfaults/

And then I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.