cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel

robins66

Unable to cancel

I have been trying to cancel my Broadband and phone for nearly a week now but have found it impossible to get through to Plusnet customer options team. I don't have the time to sit waiting indefinitely on the off chance somebody might eventually respond. I rang customer services last night and was told a manager would call me back within 4 hours. They didn't!
I logged a complaint online, they haven't responded to that either. Obviously, as I have to give a set notice period, any delay means Plusnet can keep charging me, which is absolutely disgraceful.
Why can Plusnet not sort this out?
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Unable to cancel

Hi there,
That is something we're looking at at the moment, sorry about the wait times. If you don't want to call in you could always write a letter instead - details are at http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/grass_is_greener.shtml
gofaster
Rising Star

I don't see any mention of writing letters on the linked page.
You should have pointed the OP to your Cancellation Policy at http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ah good call, thanks for that Smiley
robins66

Obviously this puts the notice period in the hands of the post office (don't have much confidence in them, when they manage to lose recorded letters). It doesn't explain why my online messages have not been answered and my 4 hour callback two nights ago still hasn't happened.
Is it any wonder I can't wait to leave Plusnet.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry nobody has been in-touch. I've arranged for a colleague to contact you later today.
Chris
robins66

Missed call on my mobile tells me somebody has tried to ring, but email message says they have tried mobile and landline. I have been sat next to the telephone for nearly TWO hours, call must have coincided with my sons call (Typical!) Just noticed last nights notes (2) saying my account has been sent to DEBT RECOVERY because of a CESSATION charge, which I am accused of refusing to pay. I understand your calls are recorded so please check my recorded phone call with your customer options team, as at no point did I refuse to pay it. Feel free to damage my impeccable credit record and allow me the opportunity to sue you for defamation of character.
I am SOOOOOOOO ANGRY.!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
My colleague has tried calling the numbers associated with you account. Could you PM me the best contact number for yourself and I'll get this followed up?
branstymarra

as with robin66 i too have been unable to contact plusnet, i find it incredible that plusnet are unable to provide enough phone lines or operators to satisfy the needs of their customers. the online help desk is a joke i am still waiting for a response to a question i asked yesterday. all i want is out.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi branstymarra,
Sorry to hear that you're wanting to leave, is there anything I can help with?
The call queues do vary unfortunately and we are working tirelessly to keep theses to a minimum.
I've also updated your ticket.