Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical BTO

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Typical BTO

Having battled BTO for three months to get a cable fault fixed by replacing the cable. They filled the hole in and covered with tarmac to a fairly good finish. A couple of weeks ago BTO contractors turned up again, dug up the perfectly good tarmac and replaced it with a thin layer of concrete which they dried with a blow lamp. Of course it starting disintegrating so reported it to BTO who have now denied having done any work in the area. How can any company be run like this?
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Typical BTO

If the hole was in the road/pavement I'd suggest reporting it to the council's highways department if you haven't already done so.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I second reporting it to the Council -I recently had a number of holes dug by civil contractors for Welsh Water,trying to reestablish a stop cock -they told me that their firm got fined heavily if they either a . didn't fill holes back up in a timely fashion or b. left a substandard finish on the path or driveway affected.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I have reported it to the council but that's not the point BTO are denying carrying out any work even though the dug the hole up three times.