Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two weeks without broadband...

mindmagic
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Two weeks without broadband...

...apart from a couple of days. At least I have a free dial-up number.
The first week was spent waiting for a loaned test modem that was posted second class. That worked as soon as it was plugged in last Saturday, so I went out immediately and bought a new router, which was fine for the rest of the day - but my internet connection has been up and down ever since. It was fine yesterday but nothing today.
Every time I phone I speak to a different adviser, and each one tells me something else to try. Last Sunday I was told I needed a BT engineer; the following day another adviser said I'd been misinformed and they were "still investigating". I reported a problem at 8.30 this morning and there is no evidence that anyone is testing the line or making any other attempt to solve the problem. I don't want to change ISP - I've been happy with PN for the last few years - but this is getting beyond a joke. i still don't know if I wasted £75 on a new router.
5 REPLIES 5
mindmagic
Rising Star

Re: Two weeks without broadband...

It's back at the moment - but for how long? No-one has replied to my ticket.
mindmagic
Rising Star

I did say that my connection came back as soon as I changed the router. It's just that it's still unstable and no-one seems to be trying to find out why.
At the moment it's working and more or less back to its original speed - just measured at 5.25 Meg - it was much slower last week when it was working. But I don't know whether it's going to last, or even if it's safe to send back the test modem. There is still no reply to my open ticket - the last entry is a trace report that I sent them this time yesterday.
mindmagic
Rising Star

Support have just done a line test and called me with the results. The line is stable for the moment, so - touching wood quickly - the issue may be regarded as resolved. Thanks.
James
Grafter

@ Mrangry
Hi - I'm sorry you had to go through a really frustrating period where your broadband wasn't working.  For what it's worth, we have a rants and raves section in here so we can easily identify problems which we need to attend to at a higher priority than others.  However, we'll be removing that section and focussing on various service elements in a new arrangement of the forums.
@ Mindmagic
The connection looks fine now, but please feel free to shout up if you have any further problems.  Equally - I'm very sorry for the loss in service.
mindmagic
Rising Star

Thanks, James.