cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twitter feed

Tigger
Rising Star

Twitter feed

I signed up to your twitter feed to keep track of service outages - and this morning I've received over 30 tweets. I understand you're doing something abnormal, but this is really ridiculous!  Angry
I can see someone else on there who has actually unsubbed due to the overload.
Could you possibly separate the service announcements from chatter like this?
#fedup
7 REPLIES 7
James
Grafter

Re: Twitter feed

Why not use the service status email feed instead?
http://usertools.plus.net/status/email.php
Tigger
Rising Star

Hi James,
I don't have a smartphone, just an old payg basic phone. If I lose my internet connection, I have no other way of finding out why, other than to get texts from Twitter!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Tigger, Sorry for the amount of tweets, it was a one-off Twitter Takeover we were trying out. We're done now so the feed should go back to normal.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Tigger
Rising Star

Gathered that, Chris!
But if you want to do it again, could you do it differently? I've had to delete loads of texts, and my phone must have vibrated so much at one point it fell off the table onto the floor!
Chris
Legend

Without retweeting the initial question (which are probably the tweets you saw) the whole thing wouldn't have had as much reach really. We'll see how else we can do it, but if we announce it again in future it might just be worth turning off notifications from us for that period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Tigger
Rising Star

Chris,
May I point out that, not having a smartphone, I have to be online with my computer in order to unfollow you?
If I get caught out, I will just have to put up with a constant stream of texts like I had today, as I cannot, as far as I am aware, un-follow you by text! At worst, I might end up having to turn my phone right off, and I'm sure that's not what you intend to drive me (and anyone else with an old phone) to do.  Undecided
You do have other Twitter accounts - why can you not use one of them for this, or for the Service announcements?  Huh
Chris
Legend

You do have other Twitter accounts - why can you not use one of them for this, or for the Service announcements?  Huh?

Because they aren't used and therefore have no followers.
We're not planning to do this again at the moment, but if we do we'll make sure to let people know in advance that it's going on.