cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to join Plusnet - Not a good start!

scotchwhisky
Grafter

Trying to join Plusnet - Not a good start!

Hi All,
I am trying to migrate to Plusnet but have run into a few problems.
1.) "Your broadband order
We'll arrange for your broadband service to be switched to us. This will take 5-7 working days to complete.
Your broadband should carry on working with your current provider until the switch is completed.
We'll take your first monthly payment 1 month after your service becomes active."
Plusnet took £25 plus the first months rental as soon as I submitted my MAC!
2.) "Keeping you updated
You can watch the progress of your order using the Order Tracker. We'll also email you at every stage,"
I have not had any progress updates and the 5-7 days is up!
3.)

"Checking your line

We're running the final checks on your telephone line before submitting your order."
It's been like this for the last 5 days.
4.)
I emailed Plusnet yesterday to ask what was going on. Received the following response.
"I have checked our system and can see that your broadband order was rejected by our suppliers. I have now passed this to our Provisioning team for further assistance."
IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF PLUSNET HAD TOLD ME!!!!!!! (Yes I am shouting.)
Guess what? Silence from Plusnet for the last 24 hours.
What are the chances of getting my £36.49 refunded?  Anyone know of a decent ISP?

19 REPLIES 19
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Trying to join Plusnet - Not a good start!

Not a good start - this should be picked up in the morning.
I have moved it to here as it is a more suitable location for this type of problem
scotchwhisky
Grafter

Thanks for the prompt response.  I have high hopes for some action now!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
First of all I'm really sorry about the issues you've encountered here. I will pick this up with a colleague of mine on our provisioning team tomorrow to assess what we need to do to get your broadband order moving again. Secondly I'll also be doing a bit of analysis work to see precisely why your'e in this sittuation and why we've not been aware of the order failure until this point.
What are the chances of getting my £36.49 refunded?

I'll make sure we do, £25 of that fee is for broadband activation, obviously that isn't appropriate to a migration. The remainder is for the first months subscription but in light of the issues encountered we'll refund both for you.
As promised I'll dig deeper for you when I'm back in the office tomorrow and hope to get this turned around ASAP for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scotchwhisky
Grafter

Wasn't a good start but it's getting a lot better!
Thanks.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scotchwhisky,
I'm afraid Adam's not in the office today but I've asked one of our provisioning agents to take a look for you and see if we can get things moving again. I'll make sure you're updated as soon as possible.
scotchwhisky
Grafter

Hi,
I've now received a full refund from plusnet - Thankyou.    Still stuck at  "Checking your line" but maybe next week.................
Looking at your sales blurb it would appear that £25 is appropriate for migrations unless taking the telephone service as well.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi,
Just letting you know I'm back in the office today, I can see that a colleague on the provisioning team did pick this up in my absence yesterday. It looks like we're awaiting for a response to an e-mail, I'll make sure we chase this ASAP.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've just chased this with our suppliers, I've received the following update:

Good Afternoon,
Please be advised that we have raised an incident with our back end Systems Support Teams to investigate and update the Systems if required; however this may take few days to update. Your reference number is BM514771. We will inform you on completion.

I'll chase this again on Monday afternoon unless I receive any other contact in the meantime.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
caulbox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
£25 of that fee is for broadband activation, obviously that isn't appropriate to a migration.

Quote from: scotchwhisky
Looking at your sales blurb it would appear that £25 is appropriate for migrations unless taking the telephone service as well.

I'm guessing such contradiction is born of ambiguity in Plusnet sales blurb? Glad you were able to see clearly where it matters scotchwhiskey. But as evidenced by your experience, I am left wondering whether other unwitting victims - with less acute perception - might already have paid the price that you've (justifiably) escaped.
Maybe Plusnet will investigate with some urgency, and recompense others if necessary?
scotchwhisky
Grafter

Hi,
I still seem to stuck at "checking your line".
I'm beginning to think Plusnet don't want me!  Cry
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@scotchwhisky
Sorry I wasn't able to update you yesterday. I'm chasing this firstly via e-mail right now, following that if I get no reply this afternoon I'll be making a phone call. I've just tried using the MAC key again to place an order and that still seems to be a problem I'm afraid.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scotchwhisky
Grafter

Still no progress....................
I can't stay with my existing ISP as it's costing me about £10 a week in excess usage and I only use about 30GB max a month. Trouble is AAISP only allow 1.25GB per month during the day and I had no idea how little that was!
If I seem impatient it's because I am now known as "Mr. Grumpy" for banning internet usage in the household between 9a.m. and  6p.m.  
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If I seem impatient it's because I am now known as "Mr. Grumpy" for banning internet usage in the household between 9a.m. and  6p.m. 

No, I understand. I have chased this up BT's back end system support teams are still working to clear the MAC key status to allow us to place the migration for you. I'll keep chasing this and make sure you're given another update before the end of the week.
I'm sorry for this taking a little while and thank you for your patience.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scotchwhisky
Grafter

Well I did get a progress report at the end of the week which was:-
Still no progress,............
Plusnet are making all the right noises but appear incapable of resolving the problem with BT.
Err... Isn't Plusnet owned by BT?
This is a "Chinese Wall " that needs to be jumped over!