Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trustpilot: Plusnet score 1.3/10

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Trustpilot: Plusnet score 1.3/10

Two things strike me looking at Plusnet on Trustpilot:
1. Their rating probably reflects where they are at now - not where they used to be.
2. Look at how many of the reviews on there have responses from Plusnet! Obviously the CRT are spending all their time fire-fighting on sites such as that which is why we see them less often on here. Recommendation to anyone who has posted on here and not had a required response from Plusnet: post on Trustpilot with a link to the topic here (or give your forum username)!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
15 REPLIES 15
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Trustpilot: Plusnet score 1.3/10

Wow that is super embarrassing , yet PN have the cheek to post  ( when they have so many problems ) this  ..
Quote from: http
At Plusnet our customers are at the heart of everything we do. They’re the reason we’re so determined to provide great products and customer service excellence.
Other providers may offer cheap broadband…but nobody can touch us when it comes to customer service. We take real pride in delivering both.

The way things currently are , you would think the above was from another ISP. You would think before making the above statements , PN would sort some of their ( massive list) of problems first, and we all know what they are !.
One thing nobody can touch your for is the continued long call waits
Kind regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Recommendation to anyone who has posted on here and not had a required response from Plusnet: post on Trustpilot with a link to the topic here (or give your forum username)!

Doing that will simply mean that we have less resource to pick up issues elsewhere. I know the resource has been a little thin on the ground here, but directing people to post elsewhere with a link back here just gives us more to do, meaning less time on here.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I noticed that ALL PN responses were just a Copy and paste of a generic reply  Embarrassed
Oh yes  we are SORRY  Embarrassed Embarrassed
I’m sorry for the problems you’ve experienced and the poor impression we’ve made on you. If you haven’t done so yet we’d be more than happy to help if you’d like to contact our support team, we’re available on our Community Forums(community.plus.net/forum), Live Chat (www.plus.net/contactus), Twitter and Facebook. 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not all responses, but many of the more recent ones yes. That's to try and provide the way to get support and also free up our time a bit more.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Reading the Trustpilot reviews is really sad. A good company which has gone in the wrong direction. While there must be many individuals in PN trying to do their best I think the senior management have a lot to answer for!! They should have the courage to come on here and explain why they degraded the customer service levels.We are after all Stakeholders.
Meanwhile I'm relieved I placed the orders for my additional services with a different supplier who doesn't rely on marketing to maintain customer numbers.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

I always wonder about sites such as Trustpilot and have always decided (after looking at them) NOT to add a review when I've been prompted to as the result of buying something.
The Wikipedia article makes amusing reading if you think they are independent and unbiased: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trustpilot
e.g.:
Review websites such as Trustpilot's have fake reviewing on an almost industrial scale.[12][13][14][15] There is controversy about the legitimacy of some of Trustpilot's reviews and the way it deals with complaints about them.[16][17][18][19] Trustpilot allows businesses to selectively display reviews about them, which may violate certain laws or regulations.[20]

I also suspect that they probably in the majority reflect poor experiences, in much the same way that the "Feedback" section of these forums does.
At the end of the day there is no substitute for properly-controlled research, which this most certainly isn't.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Try looking at some other ISPs reviews on Trustpilot (attached).
The second doesn't have many (probably as they are mainly aimed at business).
AlaricAdair
Champion

Maybe Trustpilot has a reputation, but those reviews were created by individuals who'd experienced poor service. PN do not deny delays in answering the phones.
There's no smoke without fire and at the moment while some lucky individuals might just be toasting marshmallows there's others who think it is a forest fire.
Perhaps PlusNet could demonstrate its confidence by publishing the average (median) call queue time during working hours and also the percentage of dropped incoming calls. It would be even better if Andy Baker "appeared" on this forum to answer questions.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
glloyd
Rising Star

Very, very sad to see such a first class company going down hill so fast due to bad management. The same thing happened a few years ago when customers left in droves. When we these so called managers understand without customers they have no job.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Chris
Recommendation to anyone who has posted on here and not had a required response from Plusnet: post on Trustpilot with a link to the topic here (or give your forum username)!

Doing that will simply mean that we have less resource to pick up issues elsewhere. I know the resource has been a little thin on the ground here, but directing people to post elsewhere with a link back here just gives us more to do, meaning less time on here.

Thin on the ground? That's the understatement of the century! Every day we see many, many posts on here which need a response from PN that go unanswered.
Your stock response is quite frankly blatantly cynical.
I’m sorry for the problems you’ve experienced and the poor impression we’ve made on you. If you haven’t done so yet we’d be more than happy to help if you’d like to contact our support team, we’re available on our Community Forums(community.plus.net/forum), Live Chat (www.plus.net/contactus), Twitter and Facebook. 

All you are doing is giving a false impression to potential customers that you care by suggesting they post on here when you know full well that it is more than likely it will get them nowhere because the CRT is totally overstretched.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I know the resource has been a little thin on the ground here
Grin
That is a massive understatement. Whereas a few months ago there were PN staff all over this forum like a rash, nowadays they are as rare as hen's teeth! Last week I checked on several differing days & staff responses were conspicuous by their adsence. Presumably the staff have all been seconded to fire fight the other glaring defficiencies in the once excellent PN customer service.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

unless PN staff are leaving a sinking ship  Cry 
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
glloyd
Rising Star

That's what I was thinking, staff leaving and they can't get replacements. A few months ago we were told they were reducing C/S phone times so they could move to day time to reduce wait times. It's obvious that was not true.
chrcoluk
Grafter

Chris isnt a bit silly to tell customers who are unhappy with plusnet support channels to then tell them to contact support?