Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trust Pilot Review Page.

TORPC
Grafter

Re: Trust Pilot Review Page.

Quote from: Anotherone
<snip>
That all said however,  I'm still waiting to find out why Openreach can do the jumpering at the exchange to connect an LLU line quicker than they can for one on a BT Wholesale circuit Shocked

Each removed to LLU relieves possible contention / congestion issue(s)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Oh, so BTw/OR want to get rid of us do they,  that must be why another part(s) of BT Group keep putting up the prices  Huh
I'm not so sure of that, so why the big drive to get more customers. No that does not add up!
TORPC
Grafter

It could also be so that they can get rid of the oldies on custom / discount / legacy package(s) prices etc
Then add new at the price BT wants then to pay
Think of most businesses
When one reaches a certain age / experience etc, they want you out so they can pay less wages to younger blood
Anotherone
Champion

You are just guessing and that clearly doesn't apply to NEW connections. You think someone has time to go through all ISPs users accounts in any case. What admin goes on at the ISP doesn't affect the use of the BTw package. So your "theory" has just fallen apart.
TORPC
Grafter

I never said it was definitive
I did however say "It could also be" Wink
The basic theory is, as follows
It is all about making the Share / Stock / holders / management, etc, the most money possible @ any one time
Anotherone
Champion

It's a total red herring. The purpose of my question was related to the fact that on the surface it look as though a particular LLU service is getting preferential treatment, something totally against OFCOM rules. And wild irrelevant theories do not help get to the bottom of why Plusnet is having problems with longer waits for trivial engineering tasks from Openreach and consequentially getting slagged off and a bad reputation from the ignorant.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Currently I have no real complaints with PN ,who I've been with for 5+ years for broadband and 2+years for phone. I've only had to ring 3 times for tech. faults and they've all been sorted in a timely manner by competent but severely overworked BTO engineers.(tho' I haven't had to phone recently,thank God!)
I was with Freeserve/Wanadoo/HORRANGE for ~ 6 years before that; as the names suggest it started fine then went downhill rapidly at the end -nightmare snafus with billing as well as tech issues. Now that really was bad Customer service!!
My S-I-L has recently finally escaped from TalkTalk -now that was a tale of woe!!
Anybody else remember AOL in the days of dial up ????Huh
I would guess that everyone who has been with multiple ISPs over the last ~20 years ,will have their "worst ever" and their "favourite" -and very few ever sing the praises of the good experience,only the awful ones
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: davidj60
-and very few ever sing the praises of the good experience,only the awful ones

I have a problem with the concept behind this statement. We pay Plusnet for good service. When we receive good service, well so we should - that's what we are paying for. When Plusnet do not deliver good service, they are failing and it is this failure that we complain about on sites like Trustnet. It is a one sided arrangement in two ways,  Plusnet will rarely be praised for good service and Plusnet will rarely pay us for using their service Smiley
Clearly, this applies to all businesses - not just Plusnet and I suppose that when I say "good service", I really mean "reasonable service" - what we might reasonably expect from a company. An example of truely good service would be Bob Pullen driving up to my house on a Sunday to fix my broadband in person - with respect to Bob - that simply is not going to happen with companies the size of Plusnet. (OK, In reality, I  know that that is Openreach's job - maybe Bob is just delivering a new modem)
Plusnet are running a business model based on being cheap - nothing else. I remember the days when Plusnet's reputation was akin to AAISP's reputation today. Those days are long gone and now you pays your money and you takes your chance. Technology being what it is, generally you will be all right and your broadband or phone will just work. If something goes wrong however, well tough, you chose not to pay for the resource needed to put things right quickly or competently.
Given those views, you will not be surprised to hear I am on a monthly contract with Plusnet and will not be signing up to anything longer until Plusnet get their act together and start delivering service - I suspect I will have a very long wait.