Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring across onto plusnet pro

jheenan
Grafter

Transferring across onto plusnet pro

Hi all,
I've just tried and failed to figure out how to do a change to plusnet pro using the online product change; it just doesn't seem to get offered as an option. My previous attempt, months ago, also failed (something about a systems problem due to me paying annually) so I suspect I would have failed again even if I could find the right path.  Sad
Is there any way I can just be moved across onto pro? Username is jheenan on force9.
Ta,
Joseph
11 REPLIES 11
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Transferring across onto plusnet pro

There is no longer a Pro product.
You will need to move to either Value or Extra and after the move add the Pro add-on
This adds £5 per month to the basic cost but you retain the original product allowance (10GB or 60GB)
As the Pro add-on is on a month by month basis you may need Comms Team help as you pay annually
jheenan
Grafter

Ah, thanks OldJim. 10GB would be a bit tight, so 60GB + Pro seems ideal for me and will probably save me a bit of money! Hope someone from the Comms Team will see this Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Oldjim
As the Pro add-on is on a month by month basis you may need Comms Team help as you pay annually

That's not going to be possible I'm afraid, you'd need to pay on a month by month basis.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jheenan
Grafter

Thanks for the response Bob.
Paying on a month by month basis would be absolutely fine for me (either for just the pro add-on or for everything, I'm fine either way - ultimately I think I should move over to paying monthly as the annual billing just seems to cause problems/confusion at your end!).
Joseph
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If you're having problems with the online account change then submit a request using the ticketing system and we should be able to sort it out at this end.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jheenan
Grafter

Well, I raised a ticket (42649422) and was just told I had to phone in instead.
So I did phone in, and basically just spent 15 minutes on hold whilst the agent tried to figure out how to do the change - I really don't understand why I had to phone in for that to happen. Apparently it's now scheduled to change on the 15th June - though there's nothing on my account to show it'll happen then. All I have it a note that it'll move on the 15th September, and then another note to say the 15th September change was cancelled.
Zero confidence that this'll actually work out okay - even if the change to extra works I bet I get billed wrongly (mainly because I've had a £150 compensation payment that looks like it was registered on the accounting system as a refund).  Sigh Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm sorry about you being told to call in, we should not have done that. I have just given feedback on that.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: JosephH
Apparently it's now scheduled to change on the 15th June - though there's nothing on my account to show it'll happen then. All I have it a note that it'll move on the 15th September, and then another note to say the 15th September change was cancelled.

That's due to your next billing date not being until September. It's because you've historically paid yearly. The invoice frequency and date need changing before the account can be scheduled to change and a developer would need to do that. The agent will have cancelled the upgrade request once they realised the situation and then set about gettign the necessary database entries changed. Once that was done, you'd see the correct ticket notices on the account.
To save you the confusion, I've just sorted the account change out so that it's now scheduled to take place in June. Once you have notification that the account change is complete, then visit our website to request the addition of the Pro add-on (the two things can't be requested at the same time).
Quote from: JosephH
Zero confidence that this'll actually work out okay - even if the change to extra works I bet I get billed wrongly (mainly because I've had a £150 compensation payment that looks like it was registered on the accounting system as a refund).  Sigh Sad

Nuance of the system that one.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jheenan
Grafter

Thanks Bob! (for some reason I never got the notification about your post so didn't see it till now, otherwise I would have thanked you sooner!)
The upgrade does seem to have gone down without issue, and I managed to add the pro add on fine. (Though not sure how I tell if 'pro' is actually working or not!)

Only niggle is something has gone wrong with the billing - I'm apparently going to have a payment taken on the 20th June, even though I should be about £45 in credit (because the last annual payment had covered through to mid-September this year).  Sad
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Have just replied to your support ticket Joseph.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

jheenan
Grafter

Thanks Bob; would've been happy with it just getting sorted to be as it should be, but that's a nice little bonus too - appreciate it.  Smiley