cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic Management Problems

Saturn
Grafter

Traffic Management Problems

Why is it that whenever I have a connection problem there is a high probability (not always but mostly) that the Traffic Management Kit (TMK) will be the cause of the problem.  I then have to go through the laborious fault finding process even though there are clear indications that the TMK is to blame.
Granted that my connection is mainly reliable but TMK faults are very frustrating, very impacting on the end user and usually take days to resolve.  I can't quite get my head around why it is so difficult to diagnose a TMK fault quickly and put it right; doesn't the TMK have any built-in test and reporting?  Anyone from PN care to comment?
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Traffic Management Problems

I'm sorry that this wasn't picked up on by the fault agent that handled it. Some feedback will be given along with some strong advice to be aware of what maintenance work is being carried out that might cause such issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Saturn
Grafter

Adam, thanks for the reply. 
Since your reply I have had another reply to my ticket and I am told there was nothing found with my connection.    Shocked  Not surprising since there was nothing wrong with my actual connection in the first place.  Roll_eyes  Once again the agent has wasted his time by conducting a load of nugatory testing against the wrong problem.  Why don't the agents read the tickets first?
Also, can you please explain why it is so difficult to keep the TMK under control, it's almost always the source of my connection problems?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No problem,
can you please explain why it is so difficult to keep the TMK under control, it's almost always the source of my connection problems?

You may see what I'm about to say as biased but we've only really had an issue with this over the past 2 or 3 weeks, are there any difficulties you've had with traffic management beyond that? It's not something that's usually an issue for us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Saturn
Grafter

Hi Adam
I haven't made a record of the instances but a few months ago I had terrific problems using my VPN.  Investiagtion with wireshark showed data packets being wrongly assigned.
I don't really want to trawl back through all of the service status emails but how about the TMK problems just before Christmas or the other instances that occur periodically?