cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Expensive Moving on

tony4384
Dabbler

Too Expensive Moving on

Well checking the latest ISP offers non of which can be taken up by existing members I've decided to call it a day with PlusNet

The original 76mb broadband speed was never realistic as I am 2K from the nearest box so fibre to the box is negated by copper wires from the box, best I can get for very short periods is 32mb, 10mb is more normal so when I opted to downgrade my 76 to 38 PlusNet put me on a two year contract for two years I have paid my line rental separate this year I decided as it only save £15 a year I'd do it monthly and then I got a shock because then I realised that I was paying £36 a month for broadband and anytime phone, the outside world has moved on and others are cheaper but plusnet is not offering cheap deal to us existing morons so I will go for a 17mb deal and unlimited phone from another ISP sorry plusnet but unless you make me a better offer I am off end of July when my contract matures.

2 REPLIES 2
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: Too Expensive Moving on

fwiw, '17mb deal' sounds like it is an ADSL service.

If it is ADSL, have you checked what speed may be available to you on ADSL ?

www.dslchecker.bt.com

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Too Expensive Moving on

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving @tony4384.

tony4384 wrote:unless you make me a better offer I am off end of July when my contract matures.

It's always worth giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving) to see what they'd be able to offer on a new contract (ADSL or FTTC) with us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet