cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To:Paul Summers - Appalling Customer Experience

mije84

To:Paul Summers - Appalling Customer Experience

I decided to move from BT to PlusNet because I had read - in Which -  about the supposed good customer experience provided. This was on the 30th July having provide my MAC code  - My Broadband then stopped working on Sunday 10th August and I have been without it since Many calls to my current provider (BT)  and PlusNet with tales of failed cancellations Bridge Orders... With the exception of one agent Joe [mrempved]  who was very helpful but has now gone on holidays - none of your team want to take ownership of this issue and getting to speak to a manager is impossible. Ironically this contrasts to BT with their Customer Service Agent phoning on a regular basis
I will be writing in formally to complain and also contacting Which and Ofcom as what should be a very simple process has turned into a nightmare with long calls, time off work for engineers...

[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed as per the forum rules but noted for staff .]
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: To:Paul Summers - Appalling Customer Experience

Trouble is, before Plusnet took on so many extra customers the customer experience was good. There will always be the unlucky minority for whom things don't go smoothly but it used to be possible to get a much swifter response from Plusnet when you need help.  Now Plusnet's Customer Service agents are over-stretched and it shows. 
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@RR,
Sadly too true - largely out of the wide spectrum of failures in BT Wholesale and BT Openreach order management systems through to turning up for appointments and then (not) doing a professional job.  PlusNET are simply not geared up for the volume of consequential issues.
@mije84,
Welcome to the forums, sorry to learn of your trials and tribulations.
PlusNet's Customer Relations Team (CRT) will more than likely be picking this up soon.  They will be steadilyworking though the many requests raised through the 3 day weekend.  Hope your concerns are soon addressed.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

flexo1966
Grafter

Join the ever growing club mije84
I joined because because of the same reason, Which Magazine a service I have trusted for years.
I to have written to Which Magazine and complained about the appalling service I have had.
I am trying many avenues to get out of my contract but to no avail at this present time.
You cannot complain to the Ombudsman Services because plusnet are not registered with them.
Today I registered a complaint with http://www.cisas.org.uk/.
I was 1 day over the 14 days they give you to cancel and low and behold they refused to cancel my contract.
People try and blame BT Wholesale and BT Openreach for plusnets problems but it is plusnet that should be coming down on them like a ton of bricks.
plusnet are continually advertising for new customers when it is perfectly clear that they cannot provide support for the customers they have.
Hope you have better look than me.
P.s
Although it's probably  gossip, I hear that Which are no longer going to endorse plusnet.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: flexo1966
plusnet are continually advertising for new customers when it is perfectly clear that they cannot provide support for the customers they have.

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,122115.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mije84,
I'm very sorry to hear of the delay in your service migrating to Plusnet.
I've had a look over this and can see that this has been raised for a manager to call you back in the next 24 hours.
As stated in Ticket: 90115178 we will require a new MAC Code in order to progress with your orders as the previous order got stuck in the systems and didn't progress through to our suppliers as it should. I am very sorry for this, however, we are unable to proceed until a new MAC can be supplied. If you require any assistance don't hesitate to get back in touch.