cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali to Plusnet migration problems

danmchugh

Tiscali to Plusnet migration problems

Decided that I could not continue to suffer any more of Tiscali's poor/rubbish support so after careful consideration I moved to plusnet. Very impressed with Plusnet's ownership and handling of the move as Tiscali (Talk/Talk) would not give me a MAC code - that was my initial view.
Order placed at start of Feb, promised completion between 10-15 days. In the meantime I receive comms from Tiscali informing me that broadband/telephone service finishes on 19/2. Service terminated on this date, but Plusnet seemed to be completely unaware of the transfer. Some calls to Plusnet gets my phone sorted, but no luck with broadband. Finally get through on Monday 22/2 and promised broadband completion within 48 hours. Sure enough in 48 hours my ADSL light on the modem comes to life but broadband did not work, seems that my plusnet account cannot logon. When checking my status I can see that the confirmed date is 2/3/2010, therefore I will be without broadband for 11 days.
I am disappointed in the service received from Plusnet, changing dates and the apparent lack of awareness of what is really going on. I'd really like to know what has happened here Plusnet? Will this experience be typical of the service I get now I have made the move?
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Tiscali to Plusnet migration problems

You will find a number of posts on these forums concerning problems Tiscali/TalkTalk customers have escaping from their service. In particular be wary of being charged for a service you no longer receive from them.
Since you are synced with the exchange jumpering your line onto the DSLAM at the exchange must have been completed but possibly the routing information through to Plusnet has still to be added by BT Wholesale and that is scheduled to be completed on 2nd March. If that is the case you might find it occurs a day earlier.
Have you tried ringing the CSC to clarify exactly what status your order has reached? If your connection is through to Plusnet already they can activate your line straight away.
David
danmchugh

Thanks for your response. CSC promised me on 22/2 that the broadband would be completed within 48 hours. I have called them back a couple of times since asked them to call me back but all i have received back is a number of texts telling me first that the date would be the 1/3/2010, unfortunately the latest date has slipped to the 2/3.
Unfortunately for a number of reasons I was completely out of the loop last Thu, Fri and Sat and had no chance to call them.
I think you are correct about the routing info to Plusnet has still to be added, I will try Plusnet again tomorrow am to see if I can get this finally completed.
Dan
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Welcome to Plusnet and the forums.
Your account is now fully active, the order completed overnight so you should be able to connect with the details we sent you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

One item of confusion (well it briefly confused me briefly) is that you may well stay connected to Tiscali for some time, basically untill you re-authenticate the router.
So, once you've been told you've switched, reboot the router. If it doesn't connect put the PN details in and it should.