Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to respond to tickets?

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Time to respond to tickets?

What is the current time to respond to updates to tickets? I posted an update to ticket 64852181 at 11:14am, Saturday 2 Feb 2013 making a very, very simple request. Over 48 hours later and no response.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Time to respond to tickets?

It was eventually picked up about 20 minutes after I posted.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Jelv, sorry if it took longer than expected to get a response to that. The average question handling time we're showing on the portal is just over 19hrs at present.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
picbits
Rising Star

Similar to mine - posted on Saturday at 12:25pm and answered today at 2:45pm ish.
I guess they either don't work much over the weekend or are incredibly busy with all the new customers  Smiley
jtemplar
Dabbler

I posted a question on Friday and when it hadn't being responded to by Monday I posted on Twitter and got a response there within a few hours.
I then got an email to confirm things were being looked at and so checked my question in Help Assistant only to see the status was still showing as 'Awaiting support team answer'.
Curious, I clicked on 'View' and saw there was now a response, time-stamped after my Twitter post.
It would be really helpful if when a support team member responds to a question the status is changed to reflect that rather than remaining at 'Awaiting support team answer'.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The reason it still shows 'Awaiting support team response' following the reply is because it's been forwarded to a different team within our support centre rather than back to yourself. It's only when a ticket is sent back to the customer that it'll show as awaiting your own response.
Hope that helps explain.
ivesy
Grafter

Same here I posted mine on Monday and still no answer.  Quite a simple question I've asked not impressed!
jtemplar
Dabbler

Surely rather than having the status showing 'Awaiting support team answer' when a support team answer has already been provided to the original question a new, more relevant status should be shown at least until the customer has seen the initial response; something like 'Question updated', then after the user has read that update the status should then revert to 'Awaiting support team answer' if a different team is now handling the query.
That way the customer, who may not have received an email, can make sense of the status.  Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: ivesy
Same here I posted mine on Monday and still no answer.  Quite a simple question I've asked not impressed!

Can you let me know the ticket ID for this? I can't find a ticket that's not had a response on your account (apart from the ticket you updated last night prior to posting here)?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.