Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to move on

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Time to move on

When i first joined plusnet in 2012 they were very good isp but the last couple of years i personally feel they are a sinking ship.

I would like to thank all the forum admin staff who have tried their best to fix any issues i may have had.

Also i want to say thanks to the community for any help/advice they have offered me.

Also id like to thank @rongtw as he recommended plusnet in 2012 and i was very happy with the move, also he has been a great help to me over the years... top bloke!

Ive been thinking for a while now about moving...... and ive decided to bite the bullet and move to AAISP for fibre and moving to pulse8 with my landline.

Whos knows maybe ill return in the future or maybe not.

15 REPLIES 15
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Time to move on

@St3 hope things imrove m8 and you will get better support there Thumbs_Up

Best to have a chat with @jelv  as he is with them Smiley

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Anonymous
Not applicable

@St3 - I was thinking about moving to AAISP as well but they don’t offer a truly unlimited package, billing you when you go over your limit. Of course this limit depends on the package you are on, but for me on the Office:1 I simply wasn’t prepared to take the risk.

I don’t know if you’ve actually taken the steps to move, but I got two really good deals when I renewed and the service has always been reliable for me. So before you jump ship in to the frigid water is is not worth one last call the retentions to see what they can offer?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I’m sorry to hear you’ve decided to leave us St3. I’d like to wish you all the best with your new provider. I hope you’ll be back soon, or at least stick around these parts. Smiley
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
St3
Aspiring Champion

@Anonymous 

Ive already taken the steps pal i also opt for the 1000gig monthly allowance, im going to give them a try and see how i get on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough, I hope it all goes well for you. Thumbs_Up But you'll still be a regular visitor here I hope.

St3
Aspiring Champion

Yer sure these forums are full of nice peoples Wink

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Anonymous wrote:

@St3 - I was thinking about moving to AAISP as well but they don’t offer a truly unlimited package, billing you when you go over your limit. Of course this limit depends on the package you are on, but for me on the Office:1 I simply wasn’t prepared to take the risk.

I don’t know if you’ve actually taken the steps to move, but I got two really good deals when I renewed and the service has always been reliable for me. So before you jump ship in to the frigid water is is not worth one last call the retentions to see what they can offer?

Re last paragraph:

Good advice, when I renewed I was after a specific thing to be agreed in my package along with confirmation in a email this was agreed to, after some discussion the person I spoke to said he would need to speak with someone else about it and a few minutes later came back and confirmed agreement to what I wanted which was also confirmed by email.

Now I have no idea how the cst work but many firms work on the basis of staff targets, if I had spoken to another member of the team would the same thing have happened or would they simply have refused my request so they could save time and take another call ?

How much flexability do cst staff have ? Could it be some customers are getting better deals than others, thus staying with PN whilst others are leaving.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@gleneagles,

I think it is much like anything else - there are various ways of slicing the cake - less money for more commitment - more money for shorter contracts.  It is all largely negotiable, but if someone tries to get everything for nothing (here or elsewhere), they are likely to be disappointed.

@St3 - good luck with your move.  Hope you do find green grass. Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Anonymous 

Ive already taken the steps pal i also opt for the 1000gig monthly allowance, im going to give them a try and see how i get on.

I presume you are aware of Quota Bonus:

Quota Bonus

You don't have to use your quota each month, and it would be unusual for even a heavy user to reach a terabyte. Your next month starts with your normal quota again, but we also provide a Quota Bonus - which is half of the unused quota from the previous month. This applies even on the terabyte packages. This accumulates, i.e. the unused amount includes any unused bonus quota. If you buy any top-up, that is kept separate and keeps rolling over until all used. More details here.

Also worth noting:

Why we have a quota anyway

There are actually two reasons we sell services with a quota.

• The main reason is to spread out our pricing for services, so that light users can pay less and heavy users can pay more. Given that a lot of our costs are bandwidth related (i.e. relate to how much data is transferred), this seems only fair and a lot better than one price for everyone.
  • The second reason, which mainly makes sense with our terabyte services, is to have a high limit but one that deters the really heavy users, i.e. the people that literally use hundreds of times the typical usage. By excluding such customers from these services we can provide a faster and better services to our customers. Obviously we also have leased line type services which allow such usage, but these work differently to allow such usage without impacting other customers. Having responsible customers is one of the reasons we rank so highly in review sites and objective speed and quality tests.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually @jelv, no I wasn't which is a shame really, as it doesn't feel so constrained as I thought it was. Sad

jelv
Seasoned Hero

If you work out the maths it means you can get up to double your normal allowance. I'm on the 200GB package but started this month with 332GB allowance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On my primary connection based on what is 'metered' by Plusnet I’ve used 180GB in 14 days and on the second that rolled over yesterday I’ve already used 12GB. As these figures don't reflect your exact consumption its hard to tell really bit I guess as an average I’d likely be under the 1000GB limit, but having to continually check this really what put me off.

Do A&A provided timely usage data?

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Very detailed - see attached.

Also their home page has a fully up to date figure at the top - see https://support.aa.net.uk/Home::1

Edit: Also what you see is what they use for billing etc. - unlike a certain ISP we could mention!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, very nice I have to admit, so I assume the Office::1 package would be similar.