Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to leave

FIXED
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Time to leave

@bobpullen Thank you for your comments and if the cost of evening and weekend calls is £8 per month it would explain the price anomaly, but this was never mentioned and I was only quoted the price for fibre extra and then the total cost which doesn't match up with the £16.99 quote added to £18.99 line rental.

gtowen

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@RealAleMadrid wrote:

But why should anyone be asked to pay more than the advertised price? I can't understand those figures. Then be offered incremental reductions. It's a bit like car insurance where you have to haggle to get the price down to something like you paid the previous year. Also you do seem to be posting in an aggressive troll like manner.Wink

you seem to have a total misunderstanding of the words "aggressive" and "troll".
the others words you used you do seem to have a grasp of though.

chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

@gtowen wrote:

Why is my loyalty been brought into question ?

only because you brought plusnets "loyalty" in to it.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It sounds like the extra £8 is for the Unlimited UK + Mobile Calls package but I too can’t confirm that until I’m back in the office tomorrow.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gtowen
Rising Star

@Gandalf Thanks for the info, I'd only just found the page with the prices, but it is still not what I asked for and was never mentioned during my online chat. At the moment I have evening and weekend calls included so don't understand why if you and Bob are right that this charge was added to my quote without been mentioned or asked for by myself.

gtowen

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Leave this with me, I'll look into this tomorrow.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gtowen
Rising Star

@Gandalf Many thanks, despite what the troll thinks I would prefer to stay with PN but the shock of what was offered compared to what is on offer elsewhere was a bit much.

After 4 years with Plusnet I do respect loyalty is a two way thing, but in a commercial environment loyalty is not always enough and been quoted an extra £8 was just too much to accept Smiley

gtowen

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The SUs have raised questions around retention deal pricing, this topic having being expressly cited to inform the discussion. When an organisation seeks to expand market share by enticing in new users it is quite incomprehensible that retention pricing should be such as to discourage users remaining after the initial contract period.

The rationale that there's an introduction price and then a not so good continuation price really does not support the business desire to expand market share. If any organisation can derive a profit from a new user during the minimum contract term, then surely it can continue to make a profit if the service is still provided at the same price there after, especial given it does not have the cost of acquiring and connecting a new user.

Separate from that, as illustrated here there seems to be a lot of room to negotiate a deal as IIRC the OP correctly, 3 different prices were offered with no apparent differences in the package.

Personally I do not understand the practice of different pricing for the same thing ... depending on the status of the customer. Time to move to fully transparent pricing based on cost + reasonable margin + value add. If it's cheap as chips you might need to wait on the phone a while and / or get incomprehensible off shore support (as with BT). On the other hand if is premium priced you might get the phone answered before you've finished dialling the number!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@gtowen

Mind if I arrange a call back from our sales team to discuss this further?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gtowen
Rising Star

@Gandalf Hi, no I don't mind. I am at home for the remainder of the day   gtowen

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I've arranged that for you now, requesting they call you back today but I can't guarantee that 100% so if not I'd expect it to be within 24-48 hours. Can you let us know how it goes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gtowen
Rising Star

@Gandalf  many thanks for your help. I will await the call and then update/close this thread with relevant info Smiley

gtowen
Rising Star

@Gandalf  Many thanks for your help in this matter. I have just now discussed the matter with a very helpful PN sales team rep and I'm happy to say I will be staying with Plusnet for a while longer.

My thanks to all who helped in this matter, even the troll who offered some nice relief in these trying times Wink

gtowen

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@Gandalf  Many thanks for your help in this matter. I have just now discussed the matter with a very helpful PN sales team rep and I'm happy to say I will be staying with Plusnet for a while longer.

Awesomeness, thanks for letting us know Thumbs_Up

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet