cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket response times?

avisoft
Grafter

Ticket response times?

I raised a ticket (ID: 33138918) at 11:54am, Wednesday 28th April (nearly 60 hours ago) and have had no response at all yet.
I see from the Customer Support Statistics page the Residential Call statistics show that there are currently 0 Current calls waiting, the Longest call waiting now is 0 seconds, and the Average answer time today is 1 minute and 51 seconds, and it was Last updated: April 30, 2010, 3:35 pm. All very good.
However, on the same page, the Customer Question handling statistics show a Target closure time of 4 hours, but the Average closure time is 12 hours, 36 minutes and 34 seconds (300% of target) and  it was Last updated: April 27, 2010, 9:32 am. Over 3 DAYS ago!
When the phone statistics are so good, and PN tries to encourage on-line quesions, please can anyone explain :
- why the Questions stats have not been updated?
- why average Questions are so far above target?
- why my Question is taking even longer to answer?
9 REPLIES 9
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Ticket response times?

Quote from: avisoft
- why the Questions stats have not been updated (since April 27, 2010, 9:32 am)?
- why average Questions are so far above target?
- why my Question is taking even longer to answer?

The questions stats are normally updated each morning during the week, so I guess the update process isn't working at the moment.
The reason average times are well above target is well documented on these forums. More customers, more tickets, more staff needed. More staff are being recruited and trained, the times are coming down but there is still a long way to go.
I think the answer to why your own ticket is taking so long to be answered depends on what type of ticket it is. If it is something that needs to be answered by the Faults Team these are taking longer, and I believe over 3 days is not unusual. The Usergroup have suggested better expectations should be set for these types of tickets, but we are advised that is beyond the capabilities of the present ticket system. However where the CSC are involved in raising tickets during phone calls they should advise the customer of likely response times.
David
David
westy125
Dabbler

Come on...........
Process isnt working this morning???? My record is no reply to a ticket in 9 days!!!!!! explain that.
The ticket process allways has been very poor, if you want i can post the page with all my tickets since I was with PN, you will then see tickets ranging from 5-9 days taken to answer, simply not good enough service, which is why I left.
And hopefully potential customers will read this and decide for themselves if they should come to plusnet??
In a way PN should get its act together when it comes to tickets and technical help.
Mark
Grafter

Hi there
I have flagged this internally as I'm at home right now with no access to our VPN.
9 days is not acceptable and the fact that you've had no response in this time suggests one of 2 things.
1. We've got a "stuck" ticket and will need to investigate or
2. The query you've raised has gone into an umnonitored pool.
Can you give an indication of the type of query you raised and the path through the support wizard you took.
Mark
win7xp
Grafter

"Unmonitored pool" Huh
Any customer raising a support ticket irrespective of the subject matter should have the reassurance that
it will at least be acknowledged and a timescale attached.
9 days is really not good enough hence customers having to resort to a public forum.
PN you really are not doing yourself any favours.
Mark
Grafter

I've already accepted that 9 days is unacceptable but I'd like to understand the type of ticket the customer raised. There are a couple of pools not monitored by the CSC, such as specific product or marketing pools. A ticket raised for a support request going untouched for 9 days indicates a problem either way, hence my request for further info.

avisoft
Grafter

Mark: I suspect the 9-day problem raised by westy125 was some time ago, as he says he has left PN!
As for my problem, it was 'escalated' to networks after 3 days with no other comment at all. Why was that not done almost immediately?
It is now 4.5 days old and still counting...
It was a 'simple' question asking why certain emails were bouncing (for number see 1st post).
I see that the Average Closure time for Questions was updated at last this morning - to14 hours!! My question was not even RESPONDED to for 3 days!! And that was just an escalation. Which makes the claimed average look rather dubious.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

avisoft,
I just wanted to advise that the side of networks who respond to tickets only do so Monday to Friday (this does usually exclude bank holidays too), so its likely that your ticket should get picked up today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
avisoft
Grafter

This is getting silly. It is now 7 days since I raised my ticket, and I have yet to receive ANY useful response.
As a long-time F9 user, I am suprised and sad that things have deteriorated so far.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

avisoft,
I'm sorry to see this didn't get picked up yesterday. I've just chased this now and your ticket has been updated. Let me know if you require any further clarification.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team