Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket response times

EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Ticket response times

At the moment we're averaging a response time of 36 hours 42 minutes 2 seconds for new queries.
If our Support Team need to contact another department or 3rd party then we may take longer to respond.

The above appeared when I raised a ticket this morning. For a service driven organisation to let things get to this state is utterly appalling.
Perhaps if you did not make work for yourselves by your utter incompentence at handling the simplest transaction (see http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119216.0.html ; for an example of Plusnet's systems causing work rather than efficiently minimising it) then your lead times might reduce to something vaguely acceptable without the need for a Leeds office, the cost of lots of new employees and the need to put our bills up just to support eye catching deals for newcomers who stay 10 minutes and then leave to go to another introductory offer.
25 REPLIES 25
burrowsp
Grafter

Re: Ticket response times

90+ hours since I raised a ticket (76502007) to get the upload cap removed from my Unlimited Broadband and the ticket hasn't been picked up as yet.
andyhb1963

I have to put my penny's worth in too. The level of support from Plusnet at the moment is APPALLING. I have been waiting to have broadband connected to my new house for over two months now. Granted, some of that delay is due to the equally wonderful BT Openreach, but now the delay is 100% down to Plusnet. I cannot get through by phone because of the excessive wait times and they are not replying to my open ticket either. I entered some details on the 30th October and it is now 4th November.
Come on Plusnet, you are losing a lot of good will here. Get your support sorted out pronto or you WILL lose customers, if you haven't already.
Oh, by the way, please get my broadband sorted!!
My ticket number is 73173672.
Andy
burrowsp
Grafter

I think I'll wait until it gets to 100+ hours (around lunchtime today) then raise another ticket as my original ticket has obviously got lost in Plusnet's system somewhere.
Not a good welcome to Plusnet!! Sad
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: burrowsp
........ then raise another ticket as my original ticket has obviously got lost in Plusnet's system somewhere.
Not a good welcome to Plusnet!! Sad

Take care.  If you add to your existing ticket then Plusnet's wonderful system puts the whole ticket back to the beginning of the queue - so you might just set your cause back another 100 hours.
If you raise a new ticket then that can also cause problems as I believe you can only have 4 tickets open at once (maybe that is visible at once) so after 400 hours, you will be out of tickets until some get closed.
burrowsp
Grafter

This issue (my ticket) is also mentioned in three Forum posts but as yet no comment from Plusnet on any of them.
What more can I do to get this looked at...................without joining the (reported) lengthy wait in a phone queue?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We'll pick up your ticket shortly, sorry but Monday mornings are the busiest time of the week for us on the forum as we don't check officially work them over the weekend.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@burrowsp I've just replied to that ticket (76502007) for you.
@andyhb1963 I'm going to flag that ticket up to our provisioning team for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
burrowsp
Grafter

Many thanks Adam and Chris. I appreciate that things will be busy Monday morning on the Forums after the weekend.
Just out of interest is the Support Ticket system 24/7 ?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I have had tickets in the last year, answered at 02:26, 03:39, 04:11, and 05:02am - including weekends
but it still might have taken a week before getting even an initial response  Sad
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

If you worked efficiently and did not create unnecessary work for yourselves then Monday morning might not be so busy. I notice nobody has got around to looking at my post asking for you to restore a service that has been restricted despite me authorising direct debit payment on the 25th and your website saying it takes 5 to 7 days to take payment. Payment was taken on the 1st Nov at which point BACS says it arrives in your account instantly. BACS also says that you should get the money on the third day after asking for it - so 5 to 7 is very generous to yourselves. All this because your portal is crassly designed and does not warn of the implications of an action until after the action is committed. Now you have to answer a string of posts all because your systems are so out of date and awkward. See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119216.0.html ; for more detail - if anybody at Plusnet can be bothered.
burrowsp
Grafter

I have to say that all the Plusnet Staff that I have dealt with have all been very good.
It just looks like they are being let done by their systems, BT Openworld (especially) and there just aren't enough of them.
Does anybody know why Plusnet cap the upload speed in the first place? Not doing this would take a bit of workload off the support staff straight away.
andyhb1963

For my part, I just received a call from Plusnet regarding my ticket. Thanks for that. Hopefully, my broadband will be up and running on the 13th November as promised.
Andy  Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@EnglishMohican
Thanks for your feedback, we're doing what we can under some heaver than usual workloads at the moment, thanks for your feedback all the same I have responded to your original post.
Does anybody know why Plusnet cap the upload speed in the first place?

Our provisioning systems are built to order ADSL2 connections with a 448kbps upstream, we may be looking to change this in the future but we're happy to place orders to uncap this in the meantime where needed.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
burrowsp
Grafter

Thanks for the response, Adam.
I'm just curious - why, by default, place a cap on an 'unlimited' service? Isn't this a contradiction and a bit misleading, sales wise?
Plusnet may be happy for us, the customers, to place orders to have the cap removed, but it must irk many customers having to do this, especially when it takes several days to get this done (my personal experience).
Many thanks for your help.