cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket limit

friendinneed
Grafter

Ticket limit

Why can I not raise more than 4 tickets? Is it to make sure that the stats don't show up the lack of support to customers?
15 REPLIES 15
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Ticket limit

Although this seems to be an arbitrarily low number it does prevent multiple tickets covering the same issue - Do you really have more than 4 completely separate problems that need investigation?
friendinneed
Grafter

They may be different aspects of an enquiry, and as such should have their own thread. From what I have seen of the standard of support, it would be very easy to get beyond 4. I currently have 2 on hold until next week, but they count as part of the 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you have one enquiry it should all be in one place to help staff sort it
You should not start a new ticket referring to the existing one as you suggested in another thread
friendinneed
Grafter

It has been accepted by PN staff that putting anything on an existing thread puts it to the bottom of the queue
dick:quote
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Yes that's it you wait your turn  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
friendinneed
Grafter

Exactly my point. If your ticket is getting to the top of the pile, and you add some information that could be helpful, then that ticket should stay in its current position rather than being relegated to the bottom of the queue again
dick:quote
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Unfortunately that's the way it works (for everyone) at the moment.  Adding extra detail in follow up tickets adds nothing as the original ticket will be worked on without reference to subsequent ones.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just checked your account friendinneed and can see that there is some duplication across the tickets.
I'm closing one of them down now, I can also see there's a manager escalation open under 95381120 at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

And if anyone thinks creating extra tickets will reduce the workload that CSC have to deal with and get tickets processed quicker, then they aren't thinking things through logically.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I have some sympathy with friendinneed
Until this nonsense with the addition of information pushing the ticket to the back of the queue is stopped it's very tempting to do as he has done.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion

Having looked at posts made, as it's the landline that is out, I now have every sympathy as well.
I do not understand why this issue of ticket queues for landline faults are not processed promptly, I see no reason for them being on hold at all. Openreach engineers work 6 days a week on phone stuff, as this looks like it's only as visit to the exchange that's needed to resolve the problem, it should be resolved immediately especially as this is a new customer and a transfer from another provider that has not been done correctly by Openreach.
This looks like another example of where Plusnet's CEO has done nothing to get Openreach to prioritise such foul-ups.
friendinneed
Grafter

I think it unfair only to blame PlusNet CEO for failing to take Openreach to task. It is more a case of too much separation between the frontline staff who do a grand job, considering the restraints they are put under, and the CEO. Too many layers of middle management who don't really care about the customer, and are not prepared to put their cushy job in jeopardy.
The CEO is part of BT and can only rock the boat given sufficient ammunition. Perhaps whenever we have a problem where Openreach are negligent or careless (call it what you want), we should send a copy of the problem directly to the CEO, asking for a response
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I think PlusNET management structures are quite flat.  I don't think it is a matter of the CEO does not know about or understand the issues.  Some comments have been posted here stating that these matters are not his responsibility / role to deal with.
One would agree that individual instances are not his responsibility, however where does the responsibility for dealing with repeated same issue profile with a supplier lay?  The profile of failures are endemic within BTOR and are damaging PlusNet's reputation.  At what point does such systematic failure become the CEO's responsibility to address?
Only a few days to Andy's first anniversary - I wonder if he will treat us to a "12 months in" blog?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: friendinneed
I think it unfair only to blame PlusNet CEO for failing to take Openreach to task.

Well I don't. There are staff who access this forum that have the opportunity & can & do report directly to him (so we were told). In any event, if he was seriously concerned about what was happening down at the coalface he'd ensure that the reporting structure made him fully aware of the repeated problems, a great number of which are as the result of the failings of one of their suppliers - namely Openreach, who of course are part of the BT Group as is Plusnet. Makes you wonder doesn't it?