Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Response times

ian22red
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Ticket Response times

Hi,
Been with PN for a number of years and never had any problems, but is it like insurance you only know how good the company is when something goes wrong?
I have really bad broadband speed after changing to an "upgraded" product.  Raised the call on the 1/3 eventually got an update one the 7/3 saying they would get BT to reset the line.  There has been no difference and now on the 10/3 after a number of requests for updates I am still waiting to hear. 
It would be nice to think you wont let yourselves be beaten on service as well as cost.
22 REPLIES 22
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Ticket Response times

Hi there,
I can see the ticket's been picked up and is currently sat with you for availability for an engineer appointment due to the SNR reset not helping. If you reply to the ticket letting us know when you're available we'll get this booked, alternatively if you post here with times I'll add them to the ticket for you and nudge the faults team to book the appointment for you.
ian22red
Dabbler

Hi Matt,
I have replied back to the text and updated the call details but to triple check I will also say here I am available for both slots on Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th.
I think the call was only picked up because I gave up waiting for an electronic response and got on the old dog and bone last night.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just checked and can see that we have an appointment booked in for tomorrow for you. Please let us know how things go and I'll ensure we chase up any updates needed after the visit.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ian22red
Dabbler

Hi,
Yes 2nd BT engineer has been and now have a reasonable broadband speed and a working telephone.  Original problem appears to have been with some BT Highway wiring from about 10 years ago.  Since then I can't seem to get any stability out of my Netgear router LCP error, it seems to renegotiate but none of the connected PC can get Internet access a reboot or power off always fixes the problem.  so I have requested if a replacement router can be sent through.
One questions after the orginal visit the BT engineer spoke to "someone in Chester who did something" and my available line speed was showing as over 15mb down and almost 9 upstream.  Then may be because of the continuing fault this dropped back again to about 7 and 0.5.  Am I ever likely to see those figures again and is there any chance that I could get close to that speed on my "up to 20Mb"
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sounds good so far, one thing that concerns me though is that your connection logs show a lot of disconnections. Is there anything you're aware of that might be causing that?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kihon

Hi,
Whats the expected response time for tickets please? When I submitted one, it claimed response times were just over a day, but each time I update the ticket, I get no response until I call up tech support.
Thanks
ian22red
Dabbler

Yes lots of connection issues, I am having to reboot the router to reconnect which is what I think you are seeing.  Plus today quality of the phone has really dipped, almost impossible to use because of noise on the line.  So I am just about to put the phone in the test socket and if no improvement will be updating the call.
ian22red
Dabbler

Quote from: kihon
Hi,
Whats the expected response time for tickets please? When I submitted one, it claimed response times were just over a day, but each time I update the ticket, I get no response until I call up tech support.
Thanks

Based on my experence if you want any level of response relating to a support ticket you have to get on the phone and speak to someone.  Otherwise it will sit there for days.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

if you want any level of response relating to a support ticket you have to get on the phone and speak to someone.  Otherwise it will sit there for days.

Yes, we're open about this being the case, we realise it's not ideal but it's what we're facing at the moment. Please see http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212 for any relevant stats relating to CSC response times.
lots of connection issues, I am having to reboot the router to reconnect which is what I think you are seeing

That's a problem, you should never need to reboot your router to reconnect, it should do that for you. Also the problem with so many forced disconnections is that it will be lowering your connection speeds. Have you been able to try an alternate router at all?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: ian22red
Plus today quality of the phone has really dipped, almost impossible to use because of noise on the line.  So I am just about to put the phone in the test socket and if no improvement will be updating the call.

You will never have a stable net connection if you are getting lots of noise on the phone line.  Need to get that fixed first.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
ian22red
Dabbler

The line should now be fixed after three BT engineer visits - although they have said that after each visit.  It's stable for over a day and then I get synch issues and the only thing to fix the problem is a router restart.  I have requested whether another router can be shipped?  My speed has been dropped again today.  I will await a response to my request via the online method as I don't have any time to get on the phone for the next couple of days.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

ian22red,
I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I can see from the tickets on your account that things have been resolved and a router was dispatched towards the end of last week. Did that reach you OK and have you tried it yet.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ian22red
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
ian22red,
I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I can see from the tickets on your account that things have been resolved and a router was dispatched towards the end of last week. Did that reach you OK and have you tried it yet.

Hi Adam,
Router arrived next day so some of your processes work really well thanks. I haven't tried it yet because I've been waiting for a "router outage" and it's been solid for over 9 days now.  I also didn't want to switch the router off because I was worrried it would have an effect on the speed analysis.  However after 9 days I would have expected my broadband speed to increase, it's actually slower than when I was on the previous product and I had the line issues.  Should I expect it to increase, and if so what timescale should I expect this to happen?
Thanks
Ian
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

What are your router stats now? Can you post them here?
If the sync speed is very low but noise margin is high it will probably be necessary for you to restart the router (preferably during daylight hours) to increase the sync speed. Check router stats again to see if sync speed has increased, speed test results will not improve until your IP Profile increases.
If you need to restart the router, disconnecting from Plusnet first is recommended (using the router's web interface), then switch off the router. Wait a couple of minutes then switch on again and if necessary reconnect to Plusnet. But don't do that twice in a short time.
David