cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket Replies are SOOOOOOOO Slow

rookey
Grafter

Ticket Replies are SOOOOOOOO Slow

Why are tickets taking longer than they should... your time state around 8 hrs to reply mine gone over a day
9 REPLIES 9
ihc77
Dabbler

Re: Ticket Replies are SOOOOOOOO Slow

Agreed.  My ticket, involving total loss of broadband, often went a couple of days without support apparently taking any notice, even when they've requested a response from me.
When I phoned Support yesterday, to make an appointment for a BT engineer because they had ignored my response giving 5 alternative times, he adnitted that tickets are progressed more quickly if one phones.  This is ridiculous, as it must slow down the response even more.
Danny
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately we do have a large number of tickets open at the moment, and as they're dealt with in response date order (oldest first) there will be a longer wait between replies I'm afraid. If you do call up we'll look at your account which will mean looking at any open tickets which will speed a response through, we can't not look at the account when someone calls up.
We are as ever working to bring response times back down, we're employing more staff and have an overtime incentive on at the moment to bring the number of tickets down, in the mean time we're very sorry for the delay.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

... and in the meantime users who have had an unusable connection or no connection at all for longer than necessary because Plusnet have failed to pass the fault on to BT in a timely manner get no refund of their subscriptions because Plusnet won't get one from BT. Angry
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Jelv, we'll look at this on a case by case basis once the fault is resolved. If there is a substantial delay caused by us then of course we can look at refunding the subscription fees from that period.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Please can you define " substantial delay"  ?
This is a smokescreen response, and to a customer, ANY delay is "substantial".  Customers will accept a short delay, of a few hours, but when it comes to two days, before a test is run, then that is not only "substantial" it is downright disgusting......Especially if the customer is not kept informed, witha "personal" apology on the ticket, because of the delay, or "non-action"....
Chris
Legend

How is it disgusting? Offering customers the downtime back isn't a bad thing in my book?
As we've noted on previous threads, we KNOW that the delays to some tickets aren't acceptable, we've even replied to you on the same matter before.
It's not intended as a smokescreen response, and I personally don't like the insinuation of that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
shutter
Community Veteran

There is no "insinuation".....  you still have not defined " substantial delay"......
Edit.... It is disgusting to leave a ticket for two days before doing the tests......    I did not say it was disgusting that you "intended" to look at individual cases for downtime.....
yes you have responded to my previous postings, and you stated in those responses that improvements take time and that cost did not come into it, and that you were currently training new staff...... that I believe was over 6 weeks ago, yet the same old problem is there, ...... customers are not getting the service that Plusnet used to give, and it is beginning to show.....
so are you now saying that the staff you were training, have been "integrated" into the system, therefore more staff are available, and therefore ticket and phone times are reducing?  
Chris
Legend

That's because it'll be different per type of fault and per customer. If the fault is simply a speed reduction but the connection is usable, then the timescale may not seem as long to that customer compared to one who has lost their connection completely. I'm not going to put definitive timescales on here, as it's purely case-by-case.
We *do* have more staff on the floor now, with another group having completed the 'off the floor' training recently and they are now being helped out by the more senior members of the CSC to get them fully up to speed. This will take a while as we have a large amount of products, extras and other items they need to learn about.
We're more than aware that response times, first time fix and call answer speed are not ideal, but we can't do any more than recruit new staff, get them trained and working through the tickets and calls.
As an aside, it's worth noting that we had a problem last week following a rollout, that caused a large amount of 'script' tickets to drop into the CSC ticket pool, this doubled the amount of tickets in there. I know that the slow responses started before that so please don't think that's me making excuses, I'm merely stating a fact.
shutter
Community Veteran

Explanation accepted. !.... hopefully ticket & phone response times WILL improve.............................. more quickly, ......................... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon