cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on becoming a Plusnet customer

chartford
Grafter

Thoughts on becoming a Plusnet customer

Well, it's a little over 14 days since I migrated from O2 to Plusnet, to take advantage of fibre optic broadband.  O2 had been excellent throughout the 4 years I had been with them and my internet connection had hardly missed a beat, but with fibre optic broadband available and no sign of it coming with O2, I made the leap of faith to Plusnet.
I can see why Plusnet have won so many awards.  The Member Centre contains all the information a customer needs, the CS representatives on the telephone are helpful, polite and willing, and the Plusnet staff members who answer queries and help on this forum have been excellent.  They coped admirably with my initial panic over whether I would have any downtime in the migration from O2 to Plusnet, reassured me that my router - although delayed - was on the way, and have patiently answered questions about speed and future plans.  Other members of the community on these boards have also been so helpful - so thanks to you all too!  Smiley
Yes, I would like to see an increase in the maximum upload speed to 20 Mbps - but I understand that is on the way.
Yes, I would like to see an increase in the maximum download speed to 80 Mbps - but I understand that is also on the way.
I probably don't have a "technical" enough head to join the trials and give feedback, so I will have to wait patiently for those to become freely available.
Yes, I would so very very much like to see Plusnet offer an unlimited package on fibre optic broadband so that I don't have to keep thinking how much of my allowance I am using - or at least an increase of the top package to 300 GB which would in effect mean the same as unlimited to me - but I shall have to keep my fingers firmly crossed for that one!  I would be sad now to have to migrate away from Plusnet because of low allowances. 
All in all though it's been a really good experience, so thanks to everyone - Plusnet staff and forum members - who have helped me and advised me and reassured me.  No hesitation in recommending Plusnet at all.  Thanks!  Cheesy

2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Thoughts on becoming a Plusnet customer

The 80/20 trial is open to all users on FTTC - for no additional charge until the trial ends and the full product is released.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,102776.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Thoughts on becoming a Plusnet customer

Hi chartford,
Thank you for your positive feedback on the service so far. I'm glad that your migration from O2 to ourselves went so smoothly Smiley
If you ever have any questions, or just want somewhere to come and have a chat, please feel free to drop us a post on here Smiley