This morning....

When's this work happening?
Tomorrow morning, 26th May.
What does it affect?
Broadband traffic prioritisation.
How long will it take?
About two hours.

Am I likely to notice the work?
You might do. If you're unfortunate enough to be establishing a new connection to the Internet

Maybe it was only me but for about 10 minutes (and my connection has been up for over 8 days) I had no internet connectivity at all.
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: This morning....

I am on THN AG1  and my router log show up time 14 days, mine was one of the may be gateways
Planned Router Maintenance - Wednesday 26th May 3.00am-6.00am
ADSL Dial
Posted on: Tuesday 25 May 2010, 14:10
When's this work happening?
Early tomorrow morning, 26th May.
What does it affect?
Broadband connectivity.
How long will it take?
About an hour.
What does the work involve?
We will be upgrading the software used by two of our edge routers, thn-ag1 and ptn-ag1.
Am I likely to notice the work?
If you're connected to either of the gateways known as thn-ag1 or ptn-ag1 then there is a slim possibility that you might be briefly disconnected from the Internet. If this does happen then you should be able to reconnect almost immediately.
Cliff_Jordan
Grafter

I also had a problem this morning. It took 5 minutes to get internet connectivity when I first started up (I switch off the router overnight) then it was reasonable for a while (some long pauses) then I lost it completely again. Switched off router, went away and made myself a cup of tea, came back switched back on and all seems back to normal.
Not certain which gateway I was connected to then but now - "You are currently connected to the "unknown" gateway. "  Undecided
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Morning all,
I'm not sure about you whiffler as your community site username doesn't link to your account but re SteveA I can see our RADIUS logs show uptime of over 9 days now so I'm not convinced that the planned maintenance caused this.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Morning guys,
Looks like the work this morning, didn't go entirely as planned and whilst applying the updates requests sent to our traffic management switches started timing out. This was resolved when the switches were reloaded although this happened a little later than planned at about quarter past eight.
The problem should now be fixed and we're taking measures to minimise the potential for this to happen during future updates.
Quote from: Whiffler
Not certain which gateway I was connected to then but now - "You are currently connected to the "unknown" gateway. "  Undecided

Have a read of the thread here. The reason for that 'unknown' response is because we're missing rDNS entries for some of our cross-connects.
Oh, and sorry to contradict your last post Adam! Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵