cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This has just got to be a record surely……?

John7591
Dabbler

This has just got to be a record surely……?

Finally, some good news.....

I discovered that I had slow, intermittent internet early this morning but had to leave it until I returned home this afternoon. Thinking it’ll be 30 minutes on the phone trying to get through to Plusnet (groan!) I was flabbergasted that a Plusnet CS agent picked the call up within two minutes. Putting up with my flustering trying to pass the security checks (all details online!) in a very polite and professional manner. He ran through the ‘usual’ line checks as I had done all the checking I could myself beforehand my end. He raised a ticket on my behalf as it was an outside line fault and stated that an Openreach engineer would be notified and that the job might be attended to today, but may also take up to three days, which is the time that I thought it might take, as it usually does…. I braced myself for a very long wait for a fix to the problem.

I had only managed to put the faceplate back on, make a cup of tea and prepared myself for a three day wait at the earliest; imagine my shock as the doorbell rang, standing there a very young (and wet) Openreach engineer. He even took his shoes off before coming in without being asked; he did some tests, pointed to the pole across some neighbours gardens with the lines coming into the house (it’s at a rather precarious angle) and decided that he wouldn’t put a ladder up against it but check the base and trudged off into today’s gloom. Half an hour after a call to CS and I had my blessed ‘Net’ back.

What can I say; fantastic service one and all.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: This has just got to be a record surely……?

Hi there, thanks a lot for the feedback. Thumbs_Up

That's really good to read, I'm happy to see both the adviser's and the engineer's efforts got you back up and running swiftly. I've shared this with the adviser you've spoken to, however if you'd like to thank the engineer for their courage in the rain and help, I'd recommend filling out this form: https://www.openreach.com/thank-an-engineer-form

Cheers again for sharing. Cool

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Plusnet Feedback

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
John7591
Dabbler

Will do Gandalf. Credit where credit is due, both parties deserve praise for the way they handled my issue so efficiently. Often I am left cursing Openreach but not on this occasion. It may not be enough to keep me from migrating to Three Home Fi Plus in March 2020 but it's certainly given me food for thought.

Thanks, John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem John, it's certainly been a good experience for you now. Long may it last! Thumbs_Up

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

Cheers, Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet