cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking Of Leaving Plusnet? Hang On Not So Fast!!

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thinking Of Leaving Plusnet? Hang On Not So Fast!!

Id like to say my year with plusnet has been a great one, Apart from a few blip's here and there Ive recieved nothing short of a remarkable service both with Broadband and House phone, The reason Im moving is that Im moving to LLU and hope to reach speeds twice what I got with Plusnet And at a fraction of the price ( Too good to be true? Time will tell)
The staff are all friendly and have a great communication with the customer as and when needed, The forums have been a great place to learn from the more experienced, And also a great place to relax and chillout, The moderators are all highly respected from my point of view and are fair to everyone who comes to the forums. Most of the other Plusnet members ( Customers ) are all very friendly and make you feel most welcomed and help out a great deal here which makes this forum indeed a truly magnificent experience and anyone and everyone who visits here and helps out should all be given a good ole hefty slap on the back.
I may return if the grass is not as green as Id like and I know Im in good hands here, This is where Id return without a second thought to other ISP'S.
Many thank's to all the Plusnet staff that have helped me on these forums but more importantly a big thankyou to the members and moderator's of these forum's for without them this place would not exist.
Cheer's and all the best to each and everyone one here,
And thanks for reading, If your not sure if you want to join plusnet let me assure you, You are in good company with excellent Plusnet staff who bend over backwards here at times to help us moany customer's,
That alone is truly priceless, My BB and House phone has also been the best service Ive ever had Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
142 REPLIES 142
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Just Before I Go

Thanks for your comments Steve M, I hope you stick around after the change and let us know how we compare to your new provider. Your exchange is scheduled to be upgraded to 21CN at the end of December this year so if you're not happy, you can always come back to us for an upgrade!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks, I am now activated on LLU my Speed Is over 7.5 at the moment and im synching at 21915kbps with an upload of 808kbps, Thanks for the info and will bare that in mind Smiley
sassy62
Grafter

If your reading this plusnet..it might be time for a boad meeting!..
I have counted 3 people (including myself) in two days who have left under a good cloud instead of a black one..thats dangerous.
The moaners will never be happy..and dont tend to stay anywhere long..but when satisfied customers start leaving it might be time for a few policy/pricing reviews..
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We do conduct research into the reasons why customers leave us, and this is factored into product refreshes and the like.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Quote from: BenTrimble
We do conduct research into the reasons why customers leave us, and this is factored into product refreshes and the like.

The people in your cancellation department didnt have a clue what i was saying and i wasnt repeating my reasons over and over again. I am really happy with my broadband with Plusnet, its a shame it has come to this but i am leaving due to the Company's total and complete neglect over the issues with ACS:LAW and their speculative invoicing campaign.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Our Customer Options Team won't keep up to date with these sort of things as a matter of course, but I'll flag it to their Team Leaders as it's obviously something that they should now be aware of.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Please I dont want my thread hi-jacked to negativity, This thread is a POSITIVE from my point of view, Only reason ive left is...
A..LLU and recieve faster speeds
B. cheaper.
I have no doubt in my mind that if it all goes pear shaped for me i WILL  be returning to plusnet, Thankyou.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Steve
from my point of view, Only reason ive left is...
A..LLU and recieve faster speeds
B. cheaper.

For me it was just A. (20mbps vs 8mbps).
I actually pay a bit more now than I did with PN.
There's absolutely no date for BT's 21CN, ADSL2+ or FTTC on my exchange so  I guess I'll not be back for some time, unless I retire and want to save a bit of money (need the fast downloads mainly for work).
And we're only "market 2" as well so no cheap prices either.
Though on another positive note, by then BT will have made their ADSL2+ work properly and maybe even fixed the DLM so that it's more sensible.  Shocked
sassy62
Grafter

I think all thius 'market' stuff is a bit naughty personally..we cant get any decent deals anywhere because of it..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The introduction of market areas is quite widely percieved as a negative thing or may be even as discriminative in some areas. However its worth bearing in mind that market are wholesale costs are in place for all providers that resell via BT Wholesale, the difference is that most of these providers (unlike us) do not pass on the saving to those in market 3 areas and would charge the same subscription fee in spite of where the customer is situated so some one in market 3 would be paying the same as market 1 or 2.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sassy62
Grafter

Yeh I know what you mean there...I guess there will always be winners and losers in any scheme...we are paying the price it seems for being 4km from the exchange..
All of the ISP's we contacted when doing our home work regarding moving quoted a low 'from' price on the net...but in reality after speaking to them the price was a fair bit higher..O2, Sky, and a few others, including plusnt were all between 29 and 33 quid...strangley enough though BT..came in at about 17...but only offered 10gb...which was never going to be enough when you have a wife and daughter obsessed with facebook and 'stenders'  Angry  Angry  Angry  Angry
The line has settled a little, but up until Sunday we were still having connection and stability issues..I even tried using my old Thompson router but these are locked down to plusnet....
It ended with me on a shopping trip to Currys for a router and a network adapter (apparently the taltalk routers dont support Belkin..and the one I have 54mbs is 'really old' according to the support guy in talktalk...so I should get a updated one...funny how it wasnt a problem with plusnets equipment!)...I when asked the guy in the shop about the routers I told him who I was now with...he said, with a smile on his face..'oh im just moving to them, any good?'.....
After I put him straight on a few topics and asked why he thought I was in the shop looking for a decent router..the smile had turned to a frown!!!...im sure I even detected a tear!!  Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Peckham Pouncer,
As we've discussed before I'm sorry we couldn't offer you an exact equivalent to that offer but I'm starting to wonder whether it would make sense for us to more closely match our offerings to that of our suppliers (even if just for retention purposes).
Also as an FYI we don't lock our routers down at all. By default they come with a username of tr069@plusdsl.net which might have made you believe that, however they should allow you to connect to any ADSL or ADSL2+ supplier, its just a case of altering the login details.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sassy62
Grafter

Thanks for that Adam...according to the talktalk guy you did..and whenever I set it up it was picking up a plusnet 'signal?'....an error page with plusnets logo was popping up if I tried to log onto a site asking me for a username and password..so I was stumped from there onwards..which is why as you say might have made me believe they are locked down.
I also tried using both my old plusnet wep code and the new talktalk one..as I was unsure which would have unlocked the router to the internet...but no joy...perhaps plusnet would send an engineer round to set it up for me?
Er...moving on..lol........
As i said talktalk are on thin ice...and I will not hesitate to ditch them and return if they dont perform...contract or no contract..
All the best...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Morning,
No problem, I know the very error page you are referring to. The reason that it has the Plusnet logo on there is purely just as branding and is part of the router's firmware.
With regards to WEP codes if you are using the same router (or trying to with Talk Talk) the WEP key is exactly the same, this is set on the router locally and not by the ISP. Sorry by the way if I'm preaching to the converted and you already know that.
On a purely professional basis we are interested to hear what your experience of Talk Talk's service is like compared to ours so let us know how things progress.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team