Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The way things are heading!

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The way things are heading!

I feel very uncomfortable at the way PlusNet are heading. The present package offerings seems to have stripped all the things that made PlusNet different from other ISP's.  Several top bods have left recently. The complaints of poor service from C/S seem to be on the increase. Some C/S being out sourced to SA. Tying customers into long contracts without a get out if the service gets bad.
I'm afraid this seems to me a slip back to the bad days of PlusNet a couple of years back which makes me uneasy. At first it seemed the BT buy out was a good idea but now it seems some bad bits of BTBB are creaping in.
4 REPLIES 4
Sunny
Grafter

Re: The way things are heading!

In my opinion once BT have got hold of it it can only go downhill from now on. BT does not care about its customers at all. They have an almost monopoly so why should they care. People like me cannot move to other providers so we are trapped, just down to location. I even had to involve Ofcom to get my line and bills sorted out and still they send me wrong bills!
Why Plus got into bed with them is beyond me. The speed is so up and down it is no wonder faults cannot be resolved. I have had 2 faults since Nov, sometimes they go ok other times they go down and speed really drops. I am staying on the 1 month contract so I can move once I find another decent provider, being rural it is not that easy but I keep looking. Plus must have no confidence with customers staying with them if they have to force them to sign 18 month contracts. People stay loyal if they get the service these days.  Undecided
GeoffL

Who's the half-wit making these decisions?
I was going to recommend to a friend the very competitive £10 broadband package - I discovered today that the price has increased by 20% and some of the features have disappeared.
At a time when we're all having to tighten our belts, this seems a crazy way to go!
Of course, I shall no longer be recommending PlusNet to my friend!
Geoff
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: GeoffL
Who's the half-wit making these decisions?

He'll be along soon Wink Lips_are_sealed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What worries me is top staff have left and reading between the lines others are following. Complaints on SBB have increased after many months of relative quiet. Some of these complaints are about long waiting times on the phone for C/S. A couple of Coms people seem to be holding the service together of the forums.
All these are the signs we saw a couple of years back when PN starting going down the pan. I have a feeling things are going to get worse hence the reason for locking people into long contracts.