Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The name of the product I pay for

FIXED
22over7
Rising Star

The name of the product I pay for

I've been obtaining a rock-solid (80/20) (ie. 72/18) FTTC service from Plusnet since about mid 2014, and am pleased with it. I pay 21.30 pounds for the broadband part of it, which your billing department has been taking quite correctly. I have been for several months out of contract, which means that for one reason or another you take about 50 pounds from my account every month, what with line rental (#$~\/!), land-line etc.

My problem is, you call the service you supply to me "Unlimited Fibre" (which may be what you called it in 2014), rather than "Unlimited Fibre Extra).  So if I try to opt for a 18-month contract, you offer me a 40/10 service, which is definitely not what I want. You just look at the name of my service, not what you charge me.

Since (a) you have proved quite reliable, and (b) I could save about 180 pounds by re-establishing the contract under its new name, I'd like to ask if you would promise me, signed in blood, that you would provide me with the service that you have been supplying for several years, under whatever name you call 80/20 FTTC nowadays, under a new contract, without any interruption. Why do I ask for blood? Because, though your service is remarkably reliable, so far, your billing department has the well-demonstrated reputation of screwing up the slightest perturbation of something appending like the characters " Extra" on the name of an ongoing, paid-for service.

If I don't get any satisfaction, rather than being held over a barrel by your billing department (who I expect are very comfortable with my situation), I'll cross my fingers and try to go elsewhere for a cheaper 18-month contract, and try to weather whatever screwups I imagine/predict that entails. Is that really what's called doing me proud?

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: The name of the product I pay for

@22over7 

You won’t get it signed in blood but you will get an email and ticket on your account if you ring the customer options team on 0800 013 2632.  If you select the I’m thinking of leaving option you should find that your call is answered fairly quickly.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

We can update your account type to the current 80/20 package (Unlimited Fibre Extra) that's the same as the legacy 'Plusnet Unlimited Fibre' in every way apart from that it doesn't confuse our online renewal system.

However in doing so it'll start a new contract which means I can't do this on the back of your post.

I'd recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 and they'll be happy to arrange this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
22over7
Rising Star

Thanks you very much. I just spoke to someone at the phone number you (both) gave. The call was answered quickly, and I recontracted my (now renamed - "Extra" - service) for 18 months at a better price. I was assured there will be no interruption to the service I use.

*Assuming* that's true, (with crossed fingers), I'm satisfied.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Nice! Let us know if there are any issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet