Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The PlusNet saga - A disappointing tale

jrippe
Dabbler

Re: The PlusNet saga - A disappointing tale

Thanks @Anoush 

I received a text yesterday evening confirming that the fibre box had been dispatched. Fingers crossed things go smoothly from now. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problem. I don't foresee any issues from this point however I'll be checking your fibre order as often as I can to make sure we don't missed any notifications from suppliers (i.e. possible delays).

I'm also updating my ticket on your account every day I'm in work.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@Anoush,

What a refreshing, open and honest response.  Rather feels like the good olde days around here.  However what is so sad here is the issues sounds like the same old agent errors which the new ordering system was supposed to fix / prevent happening.  Is that 'new' system yet fully operational?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It's still a work in progress I believe. I'm eager for it to be implemented too.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just an update, @jrippe

Your fibre is still due to go live on Monday. I believe you'll receive an automated email in the early hours of the morning, advising that your product change has completed on your account.

I would expect the work to be carried out during normal business hours. I'll continue to monitor the progress.

jrippe
Dabbler

Thanks for the update @Anoush

I'm assuming I should wait until I get confirmation of the change over before plugging in my fibre router?

Cheers

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems.

To be honest, you're pretty safe to plug it in now as that router will work on ADSL as well as Fibre.

I'll let you know once the order completes.
jrippe
Dabbler

Hi @Anoush

Online with the new hub.

Looking forward to that glorious moment when streaming becomes that little bit smoother on Monday!

Cheers

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

The big day is here.

As you're probably aware, the product change has completed on your account. The order with BT wholesale is still in progress, with no reported delays.

Once that's completed you should be able to achieve the fibre speeds. I'd expect you to receive another automated email, however I'll keep checking and will let you know myself as well.

jrippe
Dabbler

Exciting times indeed, the other half did a speed test for me at lunchtime and she was hitting 20mb (a big jump on what I had via the ADSL connection) so I'm assuming the BT engineer has been by the box.

I'm assuming it's the standard 10 day wait before I land on what my final fibre speed is going to be?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Yay. Although, the order's still committed. I'm pretty much checking it every half an hour, in anticipation. If you're getting 20 Mbps, the work has probably been carried out, but not yet completed on the systems.

As for the stabilisation period, for fibre it's usually just about 3 days.

Was the speed test run using a wireless or wired connection?

jrippe
Dabbler

3 day stabilization isn't bad at all, fingers crossed I can hit towards the high end of the spectrum.

Speed test was using a mobile phone - she was sat next to the hub but I do appreciate that a hardwired test will likely yield better results.

Greatly appreciate you checking in on my order.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems. Just checking your account before I clock off for the night. The order is still in progress, however, I'm testing the line as fibre now.

The good news is that the speed is a lot better than what you had before, the bad news is that it's in sync below the estimated speed range. Sad I wouldn't expect the 3 day stabilisation period to improve on the sync speed.

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 23.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps

I wouldn't advise raising a fault at the moment whilst the order is committed still.

However, I'd advise plugging your router into the test socket (if you have one). Explained here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242 This essentially bypasses your internal wiring.

I'll check back on the order tomorrow.

jrippe
Dabbler

Plugged into the test port i'm hitting around the 35-36mb download range so that's a good result.

Upload speeds are disappointing with a 1-2mb range. What am I targeted to get for this?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Seems that there's a bit of an internal wiring issue as it's faster in your test socket.

If you don't have/or use any extension sockets I would probably advise to leave the router in the test point.

As for your upload speed, it would be capped at 2 Mbps for the Unlimited Fibre package as it's based off the wholesale product of 40/2.