Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The BT-isation of PlusNet continues

EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The BT-isation of PlusNet continues

Last week, I (and probably others) received a most obscure email from Mr Vollmer.
It followed the normal BT line of telling me lots of stuff that was good - but did not apply  - and then incorporating a few bits that might apply but were so badly written that I would need a solicitor to sort it out - and then attached the price rise details that probably do apply but maybe don't.
In this case the first half of the email was celebrating that PlusNet had finally fallen in line with BT (and  with Ofcom's instructions I suspect) in relation to  home phone prices .  This was the bit that did not apply as I do not take the home phone service as it is too expensive and offers nothing worth having.
It then mentioned broadband cessation terms implying that these changes applied to me but only specifically naming current contract names. As I am on a legacy product (ONE month contract - hurray!), it is totally unclear whether this is relevant to me.
Then finally, in the last sentence, the only bit that I suspect does apply to me was the increase in cessation charges. Wonderful. Thanks Mr Vollmer for wasting my time dragging through all the totally irrelevant guff, puzzling my brains to discover what it all meant just for that. You have a database that tells you what contract I am on. You have software and programmers. You could send me emails that mean something to me and different emails to others. Its not hard.
This email from PlusNet, is little better than spam.  It is unwanted advertising of a range of products that has become totally mediocre and which only the gullible would now sign up for.
Jim
3 REPLIES 3
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: The BT-isation of PlusNet continues

I know I should not reply to myself but I have just found another lengthy thread that implies that this email did contain something important.
The other thread seems to say that 12 and 18 month contracts are a thing of the past (OK, I am happy with the pay for the router bit - thats fair-ish). If that is true then well done Plusnet - your mistake in introducing them corrected.
However -given the gobbledegook english in your email  - I still doubt the statements in the other thread. I do not think it is clear and have not seen a statement that you will not take 16 more months of payment if an 18 month contract is cancelled after two months.
Is that really true?
If an email is contractual or important - please write the whole story - not just the bit that is easy and suits you.
Jim
Quester
Grafter

With regards to the contract length, the second link in the email goes to this page:
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/using/terms_update_sept09.shtml
Which has details of the changes in the T&C, it's important to note that they won't come into effect until 22nd October.
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

You don't post changes to T&C in a web-link.
Might be edited to contain different details when your back is turned. Smiley
And that the link was posted as a phone FAQ.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."