cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks for the broadband usage warning!

Stella

Thanks for the broadband usage warning!

Hi there, I just wanted to thank you for the email to alert me that I was getting close to exhausting my broadband usage for the month - it's a brilliant idea!  Smiley
Stella
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Thanks for the broadband usage warning!

No worries at all, glad we could help Smiley Please pop back here if there's anything at all you need.
darleyhavidson

I'd have preferred the "default overspend amount" to be £0, not £unlimited. Returning from a 2 week holiday to find PN banging me an extra £65 on top of my bill because of extra usage, that was automatically configured to rack up as high a bill as possible by default, left me feeling deceived
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

If you want to avoid additional charges then make sure that maximum extra monthly spend is set to £0.00 rather then 'not set' in https://portal.plus.net/data_transfer_watch/ but also note, if you have a product change you will probably need to set this again!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Phishfood

Quote from: darleyhavidson
I'd have preferred the "default overspend amount" to be £0, not £unlimited. Returning from a 2 week holiday to find PN banging me an extra £65 on top of my bill because of extra usage, that was automatically configured to rack up as high a bill as possible by default, left me feeling deceived

I suppose the other alternative would be default at £0 but then Plusnet will have the problem of angry customers calling up with "WHYS MY INTERNET NOT WORKING!?"
I better solution would be to include this detail in one of the initial emails they send out upon joining Plusnet.