cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you PN BOT team

kitz
Aspiring Pro

Thank you PN BOT team

I'm one that will moan when things go wrong, but I also like to address the balance when I feel that Ive had decent service.
So I'd like to thank the BOT guys for their help during an intermittent line fault over the past 3-4 weeks and for rejecting BT's 'no fault founds'.
Last week an engineer arrived who did actually listen to what I was saying and he came up with the very simple idea of monitoring the very obvious 10dB of upstream SNRm fluctuations on his JDSU to locate the fault, when all other tests showed 'OK'.
Line is now fixed and for the past 5 days Ive had a rock steady  80/20 on which the SNRm totally flatlines. Smiley
My dsl no longer drops out when the phone rings nor when Im on a call.  No more upstream SNRm fluctuations of up to 18dB and no more slowing of the interwebs when my SNRm got too low.  People can also actually hear me on voice calls and no more having to ring back because voice was so noisy.
The culprit..  a faulty circuit board on the NTE that originally backed right on to this mess in the BT66 (the wires of which disintegrated when poked with a screwdriver).
5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Thank you PN BOT team

crikey - That is really bad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks a lot kitz! I'll let the chaps know that helped you with that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I'm really glad we managed to get that sorted out for you Cheesy
jimbof
Grafter

It looks quite obvious from the photos that Openreach had previously subcontracted the job out to Smurf Telecoms...
kitz
Aspiring Pro

Thanks guys your help was appreciated....  but damn and blast it  Sad
Just noticed my sync 79,999/14,441
My daughter rang this afty. Voice line was noisy and we got cut off twice.    Cry
I appear to have 0dB SNRm in first band, 2nd band's taken a hit too, but tx power has been ramped up for 3rd band in an attempt to compensate.
Hmmm its been hot and sunny this afty