cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testimonial for Mr S.S.

Orkney
Dabbler

Testimonial for Mr S.S.

Forgive me if I'm wrong to post this here but I only joined the forum to leave comments about a member of PlusNets Staff. Sadly, it seems I can't name him but I hope he and PlusNet realises who I'm refering to!   Wink
Dear Mr S.S,
I am writing to thank you personally for the time you took to sort out problems with my PlusNet account. As I told you over the telephone, I have been almost at breaking point through the inability of the other PlusNet employees to sort out my problems... So much so that I have been unable to answer some support tickets and found it impossible to telephone because of my nerves. I have had to get someone else to ring on my behalf almost since the start of service with PlusNet. Every time I telephoned or raised a support ticket it seemed to mess things up yet more and more.
I was originally with Force 9 way back in time when they first started and a fast connection could only be obtained by using a 28k modem! Since then I have been with numerous ISPs and have had to ditch them all in search of better service. At long last I decided to come ‘home’ to PlusNet AKA Force 9 and now both part of BT.
Since returning I have regretted it more than words can say... until today, when I was lucky enough to speak to you. Your immediate insight into exactly what was wrong with everything and the prompt and courteous way you dealt with me was exemplary and confounding at the same time. You did what everyone else had failed to do or even see. Truly, it was like a magic trick right before my eyes and felt as if a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders after trying and telling others what was wrong but they either didn’t agree with me or just couldn’t see it. You saw everything and corrected things in the most professional manner.
I think we all know today how telephoning companies, listening to the music, the menus and getting nowhere drives people to the brink. You did the exact opposite and finally restored my faith in PlusNet and you’re certainly an asset that they should hold to no matter what. I had already asked for my MAC code and would have DEFINATLY left this time had it not been for you.
I don’t want to go on and on but I believe credit should be given where it is due. I have NEVER written or given a testimonial about anyone or any service before but felt compelled to do so on this occasion.
Your manner of talking and writing was something from the past which I had thought had been lost forever but am glad to see is still alive and kicking with-in the building that houses the PlusNet offices in Sheffield.
You used an old fashioned word... GRACE. I’d like to use that word too and thank you for your grace, understanding, politeness and selfless service.
I hope that by writing this PlusNet realise how lucky they are to have you onboard and that they reward you in some way, as you should be rewarded.
I wish you success in your career and send my sincere best wishes for the future.

Mike Newport-Ball  Smiley

Mike@Aimbister.com
www.Aimbister.com
8 REPLIES 8
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Testimonial for Mr S.S.

Welcome to the Forums Mike
Love your Website
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

A very warm welcome to the forum Mike.
It was good to read your post.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Welcome indeed and a lovely site.
Love the music - who is it
James
Grafter

I'll make sure that your message finds its way to the right person.
Thanks Smiley
Orkney
Dabbler

Hello again!
Many thanks for taking the time to leave comments.
[color=black]pierre_pierre and Oldjim:

Thanks for what you both said. It's not really a website to be honest, it's just a 'holding page' for my domain name, which is the same name as my house name and I just use it for my e-mail.  Smiley
The music is called 'Orkney Anthem' - Anthem of a Peedie (SMALL) Nation... I.E. Orkney! The singer is Ivan Drever and I have a 'sample'  Wink mp3 which I'd be pleased to send to anyone who wants it.

Strat:
Many thanks for the warm welcome!  Smiley
Jameseh:
Thanks James!   Smiley

Best wishes to you all!
Mike
Not applicable

Is there any room on Orkney?  Grin  Would just love to join you - your website says it all - absolutely beautiful.
What does aimbister mean?
BTW - wondered what was the problem with your broadband?  Would be good to know just out of curiosity and the desire to learn.
Glad everything is sorted.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Very good read and I also like your holding page, Makes me proud to be scottish, Closest I ever got to orkney was Thurso, And may i say The air is the freshest ever up there!! Had a few mates move to orkney a long time ago, What part are you at may I ask?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Orkney, some great pics you have there and some nice music.  Welcome to the forums. Smiley