cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible website to navigate around

Surfer
Grafter

Terrible website to navigate around

Plusnet without a doubt have one of the worst websites for navigating around.  I logged in and then tried to find where I could renew my annual phone rental.  Easier to find hen's teeth in a desert.  Gave up and searched old emails until I found the email reminder.

I then decided to prune phone add ons and perhaps remove the Anytime call facility.  Despite going to the phone control panel I was unable to locate how to amend any add ons to my phone service.

At that point I decided that maybe I will wait before paying the line rental for the year upfront and see if there is another supplier who can offer me a good package and who has a website that is easy to navigate around.  Guess it is off to the Moneysavingexpert website for referrals.

24 REPLIES 24
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Terrible website to navigate around

Sorry you feel that way, Surfer. Bit disappointing as a lot of changes have been made to the support changes on the website recently. Do you want me to add/remove any services now?

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Surfer
Grafter

If I cannot see what services I have how can I advise you which to remove?  Obviously the changes are for the worse.  Previously the website was difficult and frustrating to use and now it is even worse!

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

You can remove call features here, I hope this helps.

We'll also make sure to pass your feedback on to the relevant department regarding the changes that have been made to the website.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

the conventional wisdom is to give them a ring and tell them you are considering leaving, try 0800 731 7512. The best offers are not on-line and they have all your information on the screen in front of them Roll_eyes

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Surfer
Grafter

That was about as helpful as a wet paper bag as it still does not show the add ons I already have and I cannot change or remove them.  All I can see is how to add on features.  

I want to be able to see that I have the Talk Anytime etc add ons and how much they cost a month as the line rental has jumped up significantly and we need to cut costs.  How can I see these so that I can determine if it is worth removing them as we do not make that many phone calls any more?

We have Sky and the Sky package including broadband is beginning to look a better deal especially as we will have fibre by July.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

My apologies, I assumed you meant call features by 'phone add-ons'

You can view/change your phone/broadband package here. Here.

The first page should give you a review and then go through broadband->homephone products on the pages following.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Surfer
Grafter

@HarryB wrote:

My apologies, I assumed you meant call features by 'phone add-ons'

You can view/change your phone/broadband package here.

The first page should give you a review and then go through broadband->homephone products on the pages following.

Link above comes up with an application error. Now maybe it can be appreciated how difficult it is to navigate around the website.  It is frustrating and causes one's blood pressure to rise and plus the tearing out hair bit!  It has always been like this since I joined and has shown no improvement whatsoever!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Could you give it a go on the edited link please. The previous one worked for me while I was already logged in. I've edited it to a link that will prompt the login screen first.

I wouldn't really agree that it's difficult to get to the page to change products, the link is quite clear on the member centre:

Product change.PNG

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Surfer
Grafter

@Surfer wrote:

That was about as helpful as a wet paper bag as it still does not show the add ons I already have and I cannot change or remove them.  All I can see is how to add on features.  

I want to be able to see that I have the Talk Anytime etc add ons and how much they cost a month as the line rental has jumped up significantly and we need to cut costs.  How can I see these so that I can determine if it is worth removing them as we do not make that many phone calls any more?

We have Sky and the Sky package including broadband is beginning to look a better deal especially as we will have fibre by July.

Thanks for being so helpful, but why do we need to post on a forum to find out how to go about checking your current package.  In this case you need to go to the "Change your product" page however what if you do not want to change but just to view your package?  You would never think of going to the Change product page!  The website needs some IT savvy people who are customer focused to make it more user friendly.

BTW at the top of the page it states "If you switch your broadband product, we'll reduce your monthly broadband bill for as long as you keep your phone service with Plusnet." but does not tell you by how much if I chose the Unlimited package.  This probably will only show once you have chosen the package, but if the reduction is not there then it is probably too late to cancel?  Not very helpful!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It used to be £2.50 pm, but prices used to be quoted without that charge but I think it was an ASA ruling that has forced ISPs to change it all, I haven't looked recently myself, but look in the "Legal Bit" towards the bottom of the main website pages where the packages are advertised and it should be crystal clear in there.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

it is much easier to start from the home page and click on Packages then you can find the prices with and without the phone

plusnet products.jpg

Surfer
Grafter

I appreciate that you are only trying to help, but if the website was more user friendly then I would not be criticizing it on this forum.  As said impossible to find the page for doing the annual phone renewal from when logging in.  Just as well as we are now going to hold off as we will probably have fibre within the next three months and this then allows us to look around for other suppliers as at the moment are choice of suppliers is very limited.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I don't think any of use would disagree with you about how difficult it can be to navigate around Crazy2
Also, I would suggest you consider the options very carefully. There is little to gain from paying line rental ahead for one year now (price differences are small) and it is an extra tie-in separate from any Broadband package contract length (which may or may not include phone)

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I agree completely

The only way to get there is the search option under Help and Support - Rental Saver works and gets you here https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/ and surprise surprise it doesn't show the cost until you click on the link to the Member Centre Crazy although the help response does but only as a monthly cost which is apparently a saving of £1.50 per month

Your question: rental saver
Line Rental Saver allows you to save money by paying for 12 months line rental upfront at a discounted price. The current price stands at £15.49For more information, please have a look at our Line Rental Saver page.
Note - I tried the Product Change Route and that doesn't give the option either