cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible support and degrading speeds

PatNunn
Dabbler

Terrible support and degrading speeds

I've been a customer with Plusnet for years now - the past 6 months have been awful.  It took 3 months for Plusnet to get my speed back from 600mbps to a respectable 2.5gbps and within a month it has slowly degraded to a pathetic 300mbps - I'm sure dial up was faster!  I have sent a question about this to plusnet 48 hours ago and received no response.  In the past I just get asked to do the same thing over and over again (check the router, check the socket bla bla bla).  EVERY time, it turns out to be Plusnet and not my end.
If this is not resolved within 24 hours, I am finally moving to another ISP.
This is the pitts for years of loyalty!
4 REPLIES 4
Mark
Grafter

Re: Terrible support and degrading speeds

PatNunn
I'm really sorry to hear that you're having problems. I'm at home right now so cant take any further action with regards your fault but from what you've posted it would seem that there is some sort of line fault between your router and the exchange which is causing the issues you are seeing. Moving ISP wont necessarily fix the problem.
I fully realise that the questions and the checks we ask of you can appear tedious but are an absolutely necessity in the initial stages of fault diagnostics and are required by our suppliers before we can progress your fault further.
I appreciate your loyalty over the years and would ask that you let us work through the fault and get it resolved. It wont be done in 24 hours, much as I'd love it to work that way, but it will be identified and resolved as quickly as we can do it.
I'll check this out in the morning and see where we have got to.
Mark
PatNunn
Dabbler

Dear Mark
May I begin by saying, it is a huge relief to have someone out there who responds quickly and personally to an issue - bear in mind that I have been fighting this 'speed issue' for over 6 months now - so your help is much appreciated.
While I hear what you are saying, I am (like some other customers on this forum) rather fed up with going through the same procedure each week/month that this speed issue arises.  I have spent money on routers and cables and filters that made no difference.  I have drilled holes in walls, used the test socket, unplugged the wireless phone and brought an analogue phone - none of which made any difference.
However, I am aware of one particular method that seems to work everytime - a complaint about the speed and somehow, it goes up again only to drop a week later. Bizarre but rather curious!
Once more, I will, as requested before, do all the usual things - use the test socket, different router, different filter, analogue phone bla bla bla bla bla ...... and I will assure you, it will be between PN and BT - each company passing it back and forth until someone finally does something to rectify the speed problem (on all previous cases I believe it was always PN that did something to resolve the problem) only for it to return to dial up speed a month later.
I am paying (and have paid for a long time) for a pro package and what I receive and have received recently is well below par.  I have been with PN and have unfortunately recommended your company for many years now to friends and family (who are equally as fed up with the speed issues) - and quite frankly, we all deserve and expect better.  There is no mistaking, PN has slipped well below acceptable levels of service.  Perhaps you can explain to me why nobody from support has replied to my question over 50 hours ago? Truly shameful! 
So Mark, I will try once more, but feed back to your managing director that this is the last time I will log a speed complaint. Next time, I will go elsewhere along with all my friends and family who are signed up to PN.
Dr Nunn
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
I've checked your ticket this morning and it seems you've raised a generic customer services ticket as opposed to a "standard" fault report. The easiest way to do that is via faults.plus.net. or by using the appropriate path through the help assistant. Once you complete the relevant questions it allows the remote line checks and diagnostics to kick off and thus the first stages of the repair process.
I'll  get that done for you this morning which will ensure the fault is seen by the appropriate people and progressed correctly.
Mark
<Edit> Now being dealt with by our faults team.</Edit>
PatNunn
Dabbler

Dear Mark
Many thanks for your assistance.  I received a call this morning (9am) from PN who took on board my comments about not being given the same bog standard "check this check that" kind of response.  The support agent went straight to the problem explaining clearly what could be done.  Interestingly, the speed was back to its normal state this morning.  See the pattern?
However, I am now actively looking into changing to another ISP.  I believe the effort it takes to get assistance isn't worth the amount I am currently paying and for the length of time I have been with PN.
But thanks anyway.
Dr Nunn