cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service

Andre2000

Terrible service

I have been with sky since 5 years and decided in mid-may to move to plus net.
On the 21st May I signup online and pay the deposit. I get an email saying I would be online both with Phone and broadband by the 6th June. I had already canceled my subscription with sky although I was told the service would cease around the 5th June.
On May the 24th I get an email that my order has been cancelled. I open a support ticket followed by a call to find out why my order has been cancelled but no explanation.
Email to plusnet:
I did not cancel my order!!
Could you confirm the 6th June is going ahead?
I only got an automated reply to my support ticket however they reinstated the order for connection on the 11th of June
Email from plus net on the 27th May: Your broadband order is now being processed.
Your service is due to go live on 11/06/2014. Your order could complete any time on this date, up to midnight.

On the 11th June there was no activation. I open yet another question followed by a call as I'm now getting worried as sky will disconnect me as I already gave my notice and starting to regret it.
I am assured this will be sorted asap via a phone call to plusnet as there support tickets I've concluded are useless. It get's worse.
In the meantime i ring sky they tell me my service will stop as soon as plus net take over the line.
24th June still no service and sky cut off my phone and broadband.  I am now totally fed up as no one can contact me ( I've had my line since 1997.
I'm assured plusnet will get this sorted.
27th June email from plus net: We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled. This is at least the 3rd time they have done this. I paid the deposit back on the 21st may and have never informed them of any cancelation.
I ring sky to try and get my service back however as they have ceased the line I cannot get my number back and they tell me it would be a new number. They explain I need to take this up with my new provider before doing anything else. I'n now without any service until 5th July when plus net connect my phone. 29 days after they was supposed to connect my line.
Current situation is I have no broadband. I have received an email that I will be connected on the 15th Jul, If that date is realised, it will be nearly 40 days after the initial date they said it would be connected.
My question is now I have got my number back can I move back to sky and receive my deposit back and not be held accountable for any cancelation fees? I still have no broadband and there promised date means nothing to me.

Andrew

10 REPLIES 10
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Terrible service

Morning Andrew,
I'm sorry to hear that you've had such continued delays in getting the service up and running with us. While I can see that the initial cancellation of the order was due your previous provider cancelling the order to move you over, it doesn't excuse the fact that the updates on what's happening and what we have to do next were lacking.
After speaking with our supplier it seem that we placed a simultaneous order to bring over the phone and broadband at the same time however that order was cancelled by your previous provider and this is where the delays began. I'm in the process of chasing up some further detail on all of this with our supplier so I should hopefully be able to explain the full extent of what happened so that we all have a better understanding on where this request failed. Unfortunately some actions are outside of our control and the cancellation of the phone transfer is one of them.
As mentioned before, we should have kept you in the loop with the delays and in this instance I think we have to hold our hands up and admit that we could have done a better job with this, it seems you did get information on the account however these were few and far between so this will be something I can pick up, investigate and feed back on for you internally.
Moving forward I can see that we have an open order for the broadband showing in the system and now that the phone is live with us, we should have a 3rd party cancel our orders. This all means that you should have both services up and running with us by the 15/07/13.
As you mention you would be looking to move back to Sky, I understand your reasoning behind this fully and will offer my services to aid you in getting this done while acting as a single point of contact for you. As the broadband hasn't activated with us yet, you wouldn't be subject to a contract so the only requirements for payment would be for the line rental (pro-rate from when going active to the day that it transfers back out) as well as any call charges you may run up before the move.
Ultimately I would hope that you would stay with Plusnet but given the complexity of the issues you've seen, I can empathise with you completely however I would also like to offer the same 1:1 support on getting you up and running with us if you can give us another chance.
Again, please accept our apologies on this matter and I help to guide you through whichever decision you decide to go with.

Thanks in advance,
Adam
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Personally if I was moving from Sky to another provider and Sky blocked my move, Sky would be the last company I would ever deal with again.
Just my personal opinion.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet really do need to seriously look into their communications with customers new and old. Most of the problems mentioned would not be half as bad if the OP knew what was happening.
Andre2000

Adam,
Thanks for your response, I would really like to get this sorted as all my services/servers(private mail server) are down, no catchup TV.  Is there any way to expedite this?
Strat even if Initially sky blocked the move which I'm not sure of, it was supposed to be active the 11th June which was the 2nd time it was supposed to be activated.  I phoned sky on the 6th June and they did state they were not blocking any move and I'm more inclined to think it was plusnets supplier whom cancelled,  just to get the facts straight.
Andrew
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Andre2000,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you this morning.
After checking the rejection reason for the second order you mentioned, it does appear that the previous provider of the phone line actually rejected the release of the phone number which meant that the order failed for a second time. This means that both failures of the orders and the cause of both of the delays were caused by your previous provider either cancelling the transfer or rejecting the release of the phone number.
As mentioned before, we should have been more vocal in communicating this information however the root cause of the delays haven't been as a result of anything we, or our supplier have done. Given this we wouldn't be able to cover the cost of expediting the provision of the service and neither would our supplier.
For the lack of communication regarding the cause of the delays we could look at doing something for you like extending the discount you already have in place for a month or two but this would need to be in proportion to the issues we've caused by leaving you in the dark.
There could possibly be worth in raising the issues with your previous provider to see if there is something they could do to compensate you given the situation it has left you in. Cancelling a phone order (out to another company) without consent to do so from the customer is sailing very close to the wind where OFCOM regulation is concerned so you may find leverage to get them to stump up the £132+ for an expedite.
Moving forward, if you're happy to stay with us and continue with the order, I would be more than happy to keep an eye on your account each day to ensure that all goes smoothly. In addition I could provide you with a daily update regardless of whether there is any news.
Please let me know how you wish top proceed and I'll get this picked up for you.

Thanks again
Andre2000

Hi,
The 2nd order was scheduled to go live 11th June.  It is now the 9th July and I have been informed I'm going to have have internet from the 15th july which will make 34 days since the 2nd order went belly up!!
I called Plusnet immediately my line did not go active on the 11th. I also called sky and they confirmed I have no broadband account with them In addition I received another email cancelling my order on the 27th June?? that would make to 3 times or did something else cause this?
"For the lack of communication regarding the cause of the delays we could look at doing something for you like extending the discount you already have in place for a month or two but this would need to be in proportion to the issues we've caused by leaving you in the dark."
What discount are you talking about? I really fail to see how you could really compensate me for something that was not your fault or even if it is Plusnets responsibility what could you really do as being offline in my job is not an option.
In any case I have little choice right now so I guess I have to wait till the 15th and see what happens.
Thanks again
Andrew

louialive
Grafter

I feel your pain having myself having to take 2 days off for nothing.
Out of curiosity I hear plus net staff on hear regularly blaming their supplier. Who is this supplier you blame
Empirical
Grafter

Its BT Openreach or BT Wholesale. Either Way BT
adie:quote
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Andre2000
In any case I have little choice right now so I guess I have to wait till the 15th and see what happens.

Just checking your account and order seems to show that the activation of your service will take place on Monday 14th July, you can see full details on the latest update on ticket 87773912.
I've also checked your order in the suppliers system and everything is still committed and going ahead.
louialive
Grafter

Quote from: Empirical
Its BT Openreach or BT Wholesale. Either Way BT
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]

I was aware of that as I am in the industry myself. Its just funny that they don't use the name as if its a dirty word or something. Perhaps their swear filters delete it when posted?