cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible service - 6 weeks no broadband - no call back from a manager

Shivkapoor

Terrible service - 6 weeks no broadband - no call back from a manager

Apart from the poor customer service and the amount of times I get transferred and the 40mins I spend everyday on the phone to plus net. I am FURIOUS at the fact 6 weeks on I still have no Internet. Cheeky plus net took 80 quid activation fee and have even charged me for a bill this month of 18.99. Why are they charging me for something they haven't provided me.???
I requested a call back from a manager last week I was assured that someone would call me back within 72 hours.... Guess what five days on I still don't have a call back from a manager.  I am sick and tired of continuously speaking to people at plus net who pass the buck to BT wholesale... My answer to that is I don't pay BT wholesale I pay plus net.
When am I going to get Internet I need a firm date!! Poor customer service
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Terrible service - 6 weeks no broadband - no call back from a manager

Hi there,
I'm really sorry this has gone on so long, however I can see that one of our provisioning team managers tried to call you this afternoon to explain what's happening. It seems that everything is under control from checking the ticket and the issue has been explained, but to sum up - there's been a problem with our suppliers updating the records relating to your line, and as such it's still not marked as active on their systems. As a result of this we're unable to place the broadband order, because as things stand there's no phone line to place the broadband order against.
We'll get the order placed as soon as we can, and will be updating you first thing in the morning regarding the line status. The provisioning manager will also attempt to contact again on Friday.
Shivkapoor

Funny how your collegues don't listen to as to what number they should contact me on. They called my partners number when I specifically told them to call my number. So yes a manager called but got my partners number who is no longer dealing with this nightmare with plus net.
If you can't get me broadband il have my money back also the £18 you took via direct debit(may I ask for what???) cheeky since I don't have an active broadband
You will update me with an email saying " this has been looked into and investigated and we will contact you within 1-2 working days" does those words sound similar to the number of emails your company has sent?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry about the phone call mixup, however we only have your landline number and one other (ending 203) on the account - if neither of these are good to call on, please update your contact details in the members centre or add the number on which you'd like to be contacted to one of the tickets on your account and we'll make sure to call you on that one.
As per the updates we can get you broadband however we're unfortunately stuck at the moment as our suppliers have not updated the records to reflect that you now have an active phone line. As soon as this has been done we'll be able to place the order, as I believe you've been advised previously.
Regarding the £18, this is entirely for the phone service which you have stated is active and working - you can see a breakdown of the invoice at http://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=view_transactions.
I'm sorry this is taking so long, I believe one of our retentions team has taken ownership of this issue and is keeping you updated as to the progress and the manager previously mentioned will be in touch tomorrow.
Shivkapoor

I'm sure all calls are recorded I gave the man who took the phone call another number. Sounds like there is an incompetent individual working there.
As for updating key?? Who exactly is updating me.... I have not received any telephone call updates....

I want my money back and I want to call it a day. I have reported this to ofcom. Also stop passing the buck saying it is someone else's fault, at the end of the day I am paying you as a provider not your supplier.. So the buck stops with you
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
If you could advise of the date and if possible approximate time of the call I'd be happy to chase it down and see if we can get the number from there, however this may not be possible and will certainly delay the update of the number - if you're willing to drop me a PM I'd be glad to update it from there.
The agent updating you was the member of the retentions team you spoke to, who I believe has sent an SMS to the number on the account advising of the agreed discount and that an order has now been placed for you.
stop passing the buck saying it is someone else's fault, at the end of the day I am paying you as a provider not your supplier.. So the buck stops with you

I understand what you're saying, however we (and in this case every provider) are dependent on our suppliers. Until the records for your phone line were updated, no company would have been able to place a broadband order on the line.
I'm afraid we can't arrange for cancellations via this forum, if you do wish to cancel you'd need to call our retentions team on 0800 432 0200 and they'll be able to help. I hope the fact that we've now been able to place the order for you has convinced you otherwise.
Shivkapoor

I think it is best to cancel
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry you feel that way and do understand the issues you've encountered. Matt's away for a few days now so just let me know if you need any further advice or assistance.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team