cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible customer service and obvious system issues with Plusnet

pleightonjones

Terrible customer service and obvious system issues with Plusnet

Dear all,
I write this post to alert prospective Plusnet customers of the dangers of choosing them as an ISP. Quite simply, the customer services of this organisation are abysmal and as a company they show flagrant disregard for the needs of their clientele.
Initially, things started well as my phone line was activated overnight once I’d registered. However, the progress of my broadband order thereafter was stalled at the 1st stage according to the online order tracker. After 4.5 days and a complete dearth of contact from Plusnet (in spite of their promises for updates), I used the online question tool to clarify the status of my broadband order. The response was that their automated systems had failed and my order had effectively been lost in the ether. I expected that they’d speed up my order, given that they’d wasted 4.5 days of my time due to their ineptitude but no such luck. They say that my service won’t be active until the 27th of May (12 working days) and they offered no latitude for a speedier resolution. Either their CR agents have very limited nous or the company’s policy is to state the patently obvious and offer no form of help.
My experience shows that Plusnet are not an efficient ISP and after a trawl of various online forums, I now see that Plusnet’s failings are widespread. I wanted to add my voice to relevant forums to warn people about Plusnet’s lack of technical proficiency and poor customer services. People need to be aware of things like this before choosing to set up Plusnet accounts.
The key message is think very carefully about the ISP you select.

Cheers,
Peter Leighton-Jones
10 REPLIES 10
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Terrible customer service and obvious system issues with Plusnet

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear of the problems you've had. I've taken a look over your account and the provisioning process involved in it and can see that after the confirmation we sent you on Monday, nothing further happened until you contacted us today. Obviously this is not how the system should work and for that I apologise.
I'm speaking to one of the managers for the ordering team to find out what's going on and I'd be happy to arrange a goodwill gesture with yourself once the broadband is activated, just get back to me once you are able to connect on broadband.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
pleightonjones

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the personalised response and your offer of a goodwill gesture but the most important thing from my perspective is having an internet service now. The fact remains that had I not contacted PN, this issue could have continued indefinitely but instead of endeavouring to create a quick fix once the oversight was identified, PN is content to blame the problem on system error and continue with the status quo.
Regards,
Pete
pleightonjones

Wow...I just looked at the order tracker and it's showing that my broadband won't activate until the 28th of May....I'd previously been assured that it would be done by the 27th!!! The 27th is already wholly unacceptable and now yet again, PN have changed the boundaries without even informing me.
What is going on with this awful company?Huh
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

The completion date they quote is usually a worst case scenario.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pleightonjones

Well then...looks like the worst case scenario is being played out
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@pleightonjones,
Hello there, I've just checked the details of your order with our suppliers and I can see that it is due for completion on the 27th. At present I fail to see any reason at all why it won't.
Please do let me know if there is anything else I can address for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pleightonjones

Adam,
All my previous misgivings still hold true…the fact remains that I shouldn’t have to wait until the 27th given that Plusnet error caused the delay. It’s honestly ludicrous that no-one at PN can grasp the nature of my complaint. I really wish I’d have gone with BT now and I certainly wouldn’t recommend PN to anybody based on my experiences.
Regards
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm very sorry you feel this way.
The only channels available to us for escalating orders would most likely not lead to the order completing prior to that date I'm afraid.
It’s honestly ludicrous that no-one at PN can grasp the nature of my complaint

I'm sorry if you have the wrong impression of my response but I certainly do grasp it. The days between the completion of the phone order and the placement of a broadband order were our fault and I know that that you've had issues with CS I'd like to appeal for further details about what your issues were there as I want to look at that too. I'll be personally looking at why this happened.
I'd also like to state that I will keep a close eye on your order and will contact you upon completion at which point I will discuss a good will gesture to you due to the problem we have caused.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pleightonjones

Hi Adam/Chris,
My broadband service has now seemingly been activated. As of yet I have not had a chance to test it because I'm still at work but I trust that all is in order. You both mentioned the offer of a goodwill gesture as recompense for the inconvenience I suffered. Now that my service is up and running, I was wondering what this gesture might involve?
Cheers...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
As discussed over the phone we're really happy to see that the order completed as expected. I've applied the goodwill gesture that we discussed and have sent a support ticket to you to confirm the details.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team