cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Service

sarahrq

Terrible Service

I have been billed for my first month of broadband although the service I have received has been absolutley awful. The connection continued to drop every few minutes and sometimes it took me 30 minutes to click on a link in my e-mail, never mind streaming anything from youtube or using web apps!
I was told that I would be entitled to a refund for the lack of service and today it seems like the issue is finally resolved, as the connection has only dropped twice!
After some consideration, I've had an awful relationship with Plusnet, and have started to look into other providers. When I requested my MAC today I was told that this cancelled all offers that may have been applied to my account (not that any were) and that I would NOT be able to obtain a refund as I was considering leaving. So, I'm into a my second month, I have paid £40 odd quid already so far for a month of stress and frustration. Awards for customer satisfaction??? WORST COMPANY EVER.
jim:red All Caps removed from title as per Forum Rules http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_caps mod:end
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: TERRIBLE SERVICE

Hi,
I'm really sorry to read about your issues and that you want to leave our service.
With regards to the offers you've mentioned, in case there's been a misunderstanding there an offer has been made. Please check ticket 48213563 for details of that and do let us know if you'd like to accept that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Terrible Service

Hi Sarahrq,
Sorry to hear of the problems you have been having with your disconnections.
You don't mention a) the router you are using b) whether it is connected to your master socket c) when you joined Plusnet ( I note that you have paid your first month.)
If this is your first month you may very well still be in your 10 day training period.
Is this your first broadband service on your telephone line or have you switched from a previous supplier.
You will find that the forum members and Plusnet staff who frequent these fora would be only too willing to try and help with your predicament.
Kind regards,
Brian
Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
maryh53

Well I have been with Plusnet for a long time now with phone and broadband, had a few speed issue's with broadband and everyone was very helpful,
then changed to fibre on the 28th June and Oh what a disappointment now 5 BT engineer's later 2nd netgear and problem still not just right got 35mbs for  1 day now the end
of Oct and still paying big amounts for a terrible service. What has happened to such a good company from a few months ago,I see also from a lot of post's it is not just me
that thinks like this, I have been told thats once the problem is fixed that Plusnet will look at my account but WILL IT EVER BE FIXED.
The green box is just around the corner from me a frind has his from BT direct same box and his speed puts mine to shame..........
Oh Plusnet get the finger out and HELP all unhappy customers...................
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi maryh53,
It looks as though the broadband issue may be related to the phone fault you have. I have replied to your post concerning this here. One the phone fault is rectified this should resolve the issues you are having.
Jojo Smiley