Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terms of Use, strange paragraph

Jimbo2
Hooked

Terms of Use, strange paragraph

I've just signed up and the Terms of Use contained a strange paragraph:

"Rules around your user status and when and how you will "level-up" are available [here]"

Seems like a broken link. No idea what "level-up" means, despite the Terms claiming they wouldn't use technical jargon.

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Terms of Use, strange paragraph

Where do you see this? Are you talking the main PN Terms of use or the Forum?

John
Jimbo2
Hooked

Hi, I'm talking about the forum terms - as listed on the registration form when you sign up.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Not read them for a long while - I've been here too long and they have changed in those 9+ years. I suspect this is a fairly recent addition, as there have been a number of, shall we say, 'undesirables' signing up and causing trouble on certain boards - this is probably an attempt to negate this and merely means that you are prevented from accessing certain areas until you have posted and not tried to cause trouble.

John
Jimbo2
Hooked

Thanks for the info. I think this is a typo and needs fixing, which is why I mentioned it here in this feedback forum.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

No idea what "level-up" means,

@Jimbo2  I think its referring to how the 'rank' or 'status' of a user is  allocated and changed. If you look just below your avatar you have the rank 'Newbie' whereas John is a 'Seasoned Hero'. IIRC This rank is largely based on the length of time youve been a member, the number of posts & possibly number of thanks and fixes.

My guess is that the link is meant to define the actual basis on which rank is based, why its broken I'm not sure!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jimbo2
Hooked

Thanks for the info.