cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone support

PeterKahrel
Dabbler

Telephone support

I've tried to reach PlusNet by telephone a number of times and was informed that it could be 15 minutes before someone replied. Fair enough. But when you're put on hold the music that plays is absolutely dreadful and far too loud, even when I turn the volume on my phone to the lowest setting. I wouldn't survive 15 minutes or more of such awful music.
Is it not possible not to have any music? Or an option not to have music? I would prefer to have my phone on my desk with the speaker on, so I'll hear you when you say 'Hello'.
Peter
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Telephone support

Thanks for the feedback @ Peter Kahrel  and sorry that made for a bad experience on the phone for you.
Our phone system doesn't allow for what you asked but I've passed on your concerns about the volume of the music.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
... I've passed on your concerns about the volume of the music.

I've had my concerns about the volume of the music allegedly 'passed on' several times over the years - hasn't made any difference yet.  Sad
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

volume is very very subjective but I appreciate you'll have a good perspective on that if you use the phone a lot. I'll do my best to push back on this Force 'E'
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Thanks Adam, much appreciated.  Smiley
Thirty-four years with BT, the majority of that time on Transmission, gives one a good perspective on what telephony audio should sound like.  Wink
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I'd like to support the request for an urgent change to the music on hold.  I was assisting a customer who was trying to sort out a PN foul up in their migration from MAAF and they had spent around an hour on hold. As they did not want to sit holding a phone for a long time they were forced to use speaker-phone thus also annoying other people in the office.
If you start with an unhappy customer, make them wait ages for a response to a call and then subject them to that racket you end up with an irate customer which is not good for anyone. I thought that it was customary to play calming music.
Estimated call wait times / place in the queue would be more helpful. I rang Ocado recently. I don't recall any music. I do recall being told I was fifth in the queue which quickly counted down until the phone was answered within a couple of  minutes. That's the way to do it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm pushing back on this but please don't expect anything urgent as I can't promise that.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team