cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone support numbers

Trebor
Grafter

Telephone support numbers

Reading through the latest newsletter I came across this statement.
Therefore to encourage use of the 0845 number for general enquiries we are removing the 0114 number from the main page footer and also the 'how to contact us' section of the website. If you do need the 0114 number for a specific reason it will remain available on the index page of our help and support section.

I consider this a step back in customer service, I know the regional number will be retained, but it's being removed from the page footer, isn't that as good as hiding it away.
The consumer association is campaign to do away with 08 and other chargeable numbers, for those of who don't pay for regional numbers it would seem a round about way of charging us for what would normally be free calls.
The decision to publicise the o114 number was a welcome step forward, now you've taken a step back,
9 REPLIES 9
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Telephone support numbers

I fully agree.  Using a mobile phone the 0114 number is free within my monthly allowance but the 0845 number isn't.  This could be costly.
paulby
Grafter

There was a blog about this in November.
There is mention in the blog of a 03 number which would mean calls would come out of inclusive minutes on phone packages. 
From the blog:
However, this does present one immediate disadvantage. The Call Manager platform will only allow non-geographic telephone numbers which would mean that we would be unable to keep our 01142 telephone numbers. We are however, looking at implementing non geographic 03xx telephone numbers, which cost the same as calling a geographic one.
James
Grafter

Guys - bear in mind this section:
Therefore to encourage use of the 0845 number for general enquiries we are removing the 0114 number from the main page footer and also the 'how to contact us' section of the website. If you do need the 0114 number for a specific reason it will remain available on the index page of our help and support section.

And..
We would like you all to know that we are continuing to look at possible alternatives that will allow us to offer both support on a convenient phone number and an improved call experience through the network IVR. We'll keep you posted.

Which is saying that the number is remaining in the help and support section of our website and will continue to function.  We're also looking at ways to continue to offer a convenient number for our customers.
More news when we have further confirmation, but that might be a few weeks yet.
chickendippers
Grafter

Apologies for bringing up an old topic, but I've just noticed this myself. I'd be interested to read the full article especially as the newsletter page hasn't been updated for ages: http://www.plus.net/features/news/
However it is definitely a step backwards, it was one of the key reasons I signed up with PN. However if you were to replace both geographic and 0845 numbers with an 03 number I would be happy - as that is included in all calling packages and having only one number makes it easier for customers.
At the moment I'm glad I didn't lock myself into a further 18 months with the unlimited *coughs loudly* service, as recently there have been a few changes recently I'm not terribly excited about.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

http://community.plus.net/newsletters/ for later newsletters.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chickendippers
Grafter

Thanks. Perhaps a member of staff could see about getting the link in the main site footer updated? It's still pointing to the old page!
We’ve noticed that recently we’ve been taking a lot of support calls on the 0114 number.

Increasing call volumes on the geographic number would suggest to me that people are wising up to 0845 call charges. I'd like to see PN take the initiative on this one.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

So would I. I've "Asked the Boss" (Reply 20)  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74457.16.html
but an answer appears not to be forthcoming yet.  Roll_eyes  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74642.80.html
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Reference reply #3.
Have a few weeks passed yet? Seeing as it is now April, most people would say YES; so what is the news, when will a 03 number be available?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Hi EnglishMohican,
If you look in the bosses answers thread you'll find what you're looking for.
Looks like no 03 number but the 0845 will become free for PN phone customers.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'